PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] help

vip1
November 25th, 2012, 12:39 AM
hallo lovely people .here is my problem

i was trying to instal ubuntu 12.10 on to my WIN 7 HP 100 netbook as a second OS .every thing was going fine and i even got to the screen where it was installing drivers and all that staff but then disaster struck and my PC went to sleep mode and aborted installation . after that i can not instal ubuntu any more .

it only installs to the point where it asks me to reboot my PC and when i do that is just goes BACK sceen on me and nothing happening .i trued everything CLEAN PC. wipe FREE SPACE .nothing working

all so now if i try to install ubuntu it takes twice as less time as a first time. first time is took all most 2 hours but now it only takes 1 hour max .witch means some parts on ubuntu are still instaled in my system .

please help

all so i just installed JOLY OS without any problems.but no luck with ubuntu installation .thanks

2F4U
November 25th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Did you verify the checksum of the downloaded iso file to rule out corruption? Did you create a cd or usb boot media? If you burn a cd, it is often recommended to burn at the lowest possible speed.

I would consider 2 hours install time to be too long, so 1 hour seems to be more reasonable, even on a netbook.

vip1
November 25th, 2012, 07:21 AM
checksum was fine .and it wasnt iso file it was wubi instaler . u dont need a cd or usb to install ubuntu as your second OS u can do it straight away from wubi instaler as stated on ubuntu website . i use Windows installer for Ubuntu Desktop .

netbooks dont have a cd drive anyway :) cheers