PDA

View Full Version : indicator workspaces

goonybird
November 24th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Hello

The workspace switcher is useful but it would be handy if it showed which workspace you are in. Are there plans for this?

Meanwhile... I have installed Indicator Workspaces. This is working but needs resetting every time the laptop is turned on. Although I have the standard four workspaces the Indicator only shows one. Enter Preferences, untick Start Indicator At Login, re-tick it and all is fine. But it is a pain doing this every time I boot up. Is there a workaround for this problem?

Ubuntu 12.04, Unity desktop

Thanks in advance

goonybird
January 18th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Looks like I am the only person to experience this problem. I am unique!!:D

mc4man
January 18th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Hello

The workspace switcher is useful but it would be handy if it showed which workspace you are in. Are there plans for this?

13.04 will have the workspace on indicated in the workspace switcher icon for the default 2x2 layout.
As far as the indicator I've no trouble with it though am using 13.04 atm.
Have you tried creating a new user & seeing how the indicator works for that user?

Frogs Hair
January 18th, 2013, 04:08 PM
I am not logged into Ubuntu at the moment but I believe the context menu in the title bar indicates work-space number.

goonybird
January 26th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Hi Guys.

Problem solved ... well sorta.

I installed it on an old desktop running Onieric (machine couldn't cope with Precise) and it worked.

I noticed the settings were four workspaces in one row. I was using four workspaces in two rows on my Precise laptop. I changed the setting to one row and the indicator works.

Navigation isn't so easy in a straight line but it's a step in the right direction.

Thanks for your thoughts.:D