PDA

View Full Version : DILEMA: 1tb internal hdd or a 64GB playbook

ads2996
November 23rd, 2012, 08:57 PM
Well im stuck between getting a 1tb hdd for my laptop which already has a 320gb one in it. It is near full but i have a lot of TV shows on it. I also do have a 1TB external drive. So my thought was sort out my hdd, then keep the current hdd and buy a 7" playbook. Then just keep my tv shows on my home server. But also keep some shows on the playbook for mobile watching.

So my choices are:
1. 1tb laptop, 320gb external hdd, 1tb external hdd
2. 320gb laptop, 1tb external hdd, 64gb playbook

N.B. Home media server present in both

I would be grateful for any help in the matter

rai4shu2
November 23rd, 2012, 09:07 PM
Get another drive. Those things do sometimes break down, so having an extra one means less likelihood of losing precious data.

ads2996
November 23rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
Though, the only stuff on my laptop worth saving is my documnents and photos but they are backed up onto my external HDD and hopefully my server whn i get it up and running. My then will lways have three backups of my data on each device.

mr john
November 24th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I got a free Playbook for porting my Android app to run on Playbooks. The hardware is nice and the operating system is nice, but there are hardly any good apps. Most of the premium apps are more expensive than exactly the same apps on Android. In fact some of the apps I paid for on Blackberry were just android apps that had been ported. Blackberry can run the ported android apps but not very well.

I would go for the Hard Disk and then wait for a good Android tablet.

ads2996
November 25th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Ok, thanks for all your help in this matter. I think ill just get the hdd.