PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hard drive wiped clean

run6run1
November 23rd, 2012, 08:39 PM
Problems re installing 10.04 lucid I have been using lucid for sometime on an Acer 1 net book with a small hard drive 8gb.Recently whilst streaming I picked up a bug which froze the system.I attempted usuall disconnection procedure but the system would not reboot.I then attempted to re install lucid which went smoothly untill I encountered error message when I aborted the install and then attempted to repeat the procedure when the hard drive appeared to have been wiped clean so no system is available on computer.Having tried to use boot repair, when I begin the install I get asked WHERE DO YOU WANT TO PUT UBUNTU NET BOOK 10.04 Giving me the option to either eraze and use the entire disk, and below is shown the drive SCS12(000)(SDA)8.1GB ATA P-SSD 1800 and below the option is shown to specify partitions manually (advanced) .Which ever option I chose I keep getting error message stating UBUNTU NET BOOK 10.04 DETECTING FILE SYSTEM INPUT/OUTPUT ERROR DURING WRITE ON /DEV/SDA. I can boot the system live from a USB flash drive but only get error messages when I try to install the system.Can you help please.

howefield
November 23rd, 2012, 10:23 PM
Thread closed.

Duplicate here : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=12369632#post12369632