PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Update-autoremove problem...any idea?

Kiraitachi
November 22nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Hey guys, im not sure if this is normal but has no sense...when I do sudo apt-get update and then a sudo apt-get dist-upgrade I get to install this packages

libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0:i386 libgstreamer0.10-0:i386
liborc-0.4-0:i386 libqtwebkit4:i386 libsqlite3-0:i386 libxml2:i386When

doing sudo apt-get autoremove the same packages will appear as approved for removal....like WTF??? hahaha

kira@kira-Satellite-A665:~$ sudo apt-get autoremove
[sudo] password for kira:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0:i386 libgstreamer0.10-0:i386
liborc-0.4-0:i386 libqtwebkit4:i386 libsqlite3-0:i386 libxml2:i386
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 6 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
After this operation, 31.8 MB disk space will be freed.
Any ideas??? Thanks!

Besides as you can see appears 1 not upgraded (just if anyone knows...) thats the skype-bin:i386 package saying it has been kept back...even doing a dist-upgrade cause I already have skype installed...is it worth it to upgrade to skype-bin:i386?? (I have a 64 bit machine, but I think the new skype is general architecture...anyways didnt install it before cause of the skype tray menu not showing with the new version maybe they already fixed it???)

Zteam
November 22nd, 2012, 06:18 PM
You can use aptitude (not installed by default) to find out why it want's to install and remove these packages:

Try sudo aptitude why packagename and it will tell why it want to install these packages.

In the same way you can try sudo aptitude why-not packagename to find out why it want to remove this packages.

Cheers. :popcorn: