PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Minor issues with Wubi install after Windows 8 upgrade

TripleSSS
November 21st, 2012, 04:21 AM
Hello everyone. New to the forum but not to Ubuntu (though still not an expert of course). I was having a little problem so I thought I'd ask for some help here.

I currently have Ubuntu 12.10 installed through Wubi, and I had just recently upgraded my Windows 7 installation to Windows 8. I was worried if it would effect the windows boot loader entry I have for Wubi, but surprisingly it works just fine with the new Windows 8 boot loader. There's just a few minor things I noticed afterwards...

Whenever I start up or shut down Ubuntu, the loading screen is a text-based one rather than the graphical one that was there before. And during shutdown, when it tries to end the remaining processes, it's unable to do so and has to kill them instead, therefore shutting down takes a bit longer now.

Not sure if this is a huge problem or anything, and I know that Windows 8 just came out, but I'd like to know if anyone has advice on how to fix this. Would appreciate the help.

TripleSSS
November 26th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Please pardon my bump, but could anyone help?

TripleSSS
January 13th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Yet again please forgive this bump, but I'd still like some advice on this problem.

Recently I was thinking I could try reinstalling the wubi installation, could that help?

101kitty
January 13th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Yet again please forgive this bump, but I'd still like some advice on this problem.

Recently I was thinking I could try reinstalling the wubi installation, could that help?

yea i was thinking the same thing.