PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Empathy doesn't focus when I click notification

robgwin
November 20th, 2012, 10:36 PM
On Ubuntu 12.10 and Unity, when I get a new IM it shows up in the notification menu (top right). When I click on the chat item (i.e. the person's name) I expect Empathy (which is already running) to come to the foreground with the new chat window focused. But it doesn't. All that happens is the empathy icon on the launcher (right side) does the little pop-out attention-getting thing, which seems useless since it's already obviously got my attention. And the notification gets cleared. But shouldn't Empathy come to the front when I click on the notification? Anybody else have this problem? Am I missing something or is this a bug? EDIT: Empathy DOES focus if I already have an active chat tab open for the person who just IM'd me. If they do not already have an active chat window, it does create the chat window in the background when I click the notification, but Empathy does not focus.

tate
January 20th, 2013, 06:28 PM
This happens here on my 12.10 installation as well. It's annoying to say the least. Was there ever a fix for this or is this the expected behavior?

robgwin
January 20th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Oops, just noticed a tiny mistake in my OP: the launcher, of course, is on the left side, not the right. "...the empathy icon on the launcher (left side) does the little pop-out attention-getting thing..."

tate
April 14th, 2013, 11:23 PM
so, is this the expected behavior? i have a new install of ubuntu 12.04.2 and it behaves the same way and it's pretty damn annoying.

kostkon
April 15th, 2013, 12:45 AM
so, is this the expected behavior? i have a new install of ubuntu 12.04.2 and it behaves the same way and it's pretty damn annoying.
It is a known bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ayatana-design/+bug/627195). It was fixed in 13.04 and 12.10 but it might reach 12.04 too.