PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to resize partition 465GB, need free space for Blacktrack?

Buksetyv
November 19th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Hello,

I have some issues, cant resize partition so i can get some free space for my Blacktrack.

http://i45.tinypic.com/286vpc2.jpg

Like in image, i hope somebody could help me with my issue:)

Best regards Jonas:)

darkod
November 19th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Do you plan to install Backtrack as LVM too or not?

If you do, you can only shrink the LV (provided it has free space). Or maybe the LV doesn't take the whole VG as it is right now. As long as you have free space in the VG you can simply install Backtrack on the LVM, if it can work on LVM.

Otherwise, I'm not sure that you can shrink a partition that is a physical device for LVM. First try to do some googling if it's supported and possible at all.

Buksetyv
November 19th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Do you plan to install Backtrack as LVM too or not?

If you do, you can only shrink the LV (provided it has free space). Or maybe the LV doesn't take the whole VG as it is right now. As long as you have free space in the VG you can simply install Backtrack on the LVM, if it can work on LVM.

Otherwise, I'm not sure that you can shrink a partition that is a physical device for LVM. First try to do some googling if it's supported and possible at all.

I am sure it doesnt, it is a fresh install of ubuntu. Problem is when, i try to install it...