PDA

View Full Version : Did something cool

Beardedturtle
November 18th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Could be sacrilege..I installed Cairo Dock then I logged out and set it to load just that Cairo Dock + Gnome no unity. Then I downloaded and installed and tweaked Apple Mac OsX fonts, icons, themes, and wallpapers. :) Awesome stuff why pay for a overpriced comp. when you can do it for free.

Lars Noodén
November 18th, 2012, 02:01 PM
:)

Do you have a good screenshot?

Beardedturtle
November 18th, 2012, 07:24 PM
:)

Do you have a good screenshot?
Here you go. safari Icon is Firefox.
http://s1353.beta.photobucket.com/user/Beardwdturtle/library/

Gremlinzzz
November 18th, 2012, 09:00 PM
You can add it to the sticky Nebulous November Screenshots.
:popcorn:

Jakin
November 18th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Here you go. safari Icon is Firefox.
http://s1353.beta.photobucket.com/user/Beardwdturtle/library/

It is very nice :) I'd do something similar, but feel lost without a top panel with a global menu and systray (cairo can do a systray but not how i want). Cairo-dock is the way to go i think. I don't make it do alot of fancy things, but a few things to me are must have, that only cairo-dock does. So i have the dock, and my choice of DE, KDE.

Beardedturtle
November 18th, 2012, 09:31 PM
It is very nice :) I'd do something similar, but feel lost without a top panel with a global menu and systray (cairo can do a systray but not how i want). Cairo-dock is the way to go i think. I don't make it do alot of fancy things, but a few things to me are must have, that only cairo-dock does. So i have the dock, and my choice of DE, KDE.

My problem with unity is the side launcher it gets in the way at times. I am getting used to no top bar. :P

Beardedturtle
November 18th, 2012, 09:39 PM
You can add it to the sticky Nebulous November Screenshots.
:popcorn:

Did it also posted a new pic, bing site, this time I wrote Hello ubuntu and highlight it to show the color is blue not orange and the cursor is black if it is over a web page.
And one with a different background.

Aaron Christianson
November 19th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Then I downloaded and installed and tweaked Apple Mac OsX fonts, icons, themes, and wallpapers. :) Awesome stuff why pay for a overpriced comp. when you can do it for free.
Why pay indeed. But really, why make your computer look like OSX when there are more attractive GTK and KDE themes? OSX doesn't have anything on us when it comes to shiny/pretty. It does, of course, when it comes to POSIX certification and hassle-free operation (generally speaking), but the looks aren't anything to write home about by today's standards. It's the most dated-looking OS shipping on PC's today.

And seriously, Ubuntu's default font blows everything else out of the water.

I am a former OSX user.

Jakin
November 19th, 2012, 04:47 AM
And seriously, Ubuntu's default font blows everything else out of the water.

I agree. I find myself really missing it, going to and from Windows (the rare times i boot into).

cariboo
November 19th, 2012, 06:17 AM
I agree. I find myself really missing it, going to and from Windows (the rare times i boot into).

Ubuntu fonts are open source, and can be installed on Windows.

Jakin
November 19th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Ubuntu fonts are open source, and can be installed on Windows.

Thats true, i guess what i mean is, i miss the way fonts are rendered, looks smoother.

Statia
November 19th, 2012, 10:04 AM
http://pearlinux.fr/