PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Lubuntu 12.10 Mythtv dependencies

johnleonard
November 15th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Hi

Trying to install mythtv on Lubuntu 12.10 through the Software Center but am getting a message saying that Package dependencies cannot be resolved.

Through apt-get I get this output:

john@john-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install mythtv-frontend
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
mythtv-frontend : Depends: mythtv-common but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libmyth-0.25-0 (>= 2:0.25.2+fixes.20120802.46cab93) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks

wyliecoyoteuk
November 15th, 2012, 05:15 PM
try

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
first

johnleonard
November 15th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Same result. Could it be that MythTV has not been updated in the repositories?

ringzhz
November 16th, 2012, 05:15 AM
For me, libx264-120 was the root missing package. I manually downloaded and installed the appropriate *.deb file from https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/quantal/+package/libx264-120 after selecting the "Published Version" appropriate for my computer. After installing that, apt-get should be able to successfully install the mythtv-backend package and its remaining dependencies.

someitalian123
November 16th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I also was having this issue when trying to update mythtv through the software updater. There is a dependence issue in the ubuntu repo, I had to add the mythbuntu 0.26 ppa. But the mythfrontend in 0.26 isn't as stable, it locks up every time I exit, I'm about to try downgrading libx264 to reinstall the version in the ubuntu repo.

johnleonard
November 17th, 2012, 10:13 AM
For me, libx264-120 was the root missing package. I manually downloaded and installed the appropriate *.deb file from https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/quantal/+package/libx264-120 after selecting the "Published Version" appropriate for my computer. After installing that, apt-get should be able to successfully install the mythtv-backend package and its remaining dependencies.

That worked. Thank you