PDA

View Full Version : Scroll mouse button (middle) and Back/Forward in FF

zika
November 14th, 2012, 02:31 PM
On my previous install of RR (obtained by relentless upgrade from OO) I was using ~/.xbindkeysrc
# History Back & Forward
"xte 'keydown Alt_L' 'key Left' 'keyup Alt_L' "
b:6
"xte 'keydown Alt_L' 'key Right' 'keyup Alt_L' "
b:7and it worked like a charm...
Now, on my new RR install (obtained by clean install of QQ and immediate upgrade to RR) it doesn't. Any ideas? What did I forgot in the meantime...?
(Yes I've changed HUD trigger key...)

MWisBest
November 15th, 2012, 06:11 AM
On my previous install of RR (obtained by relentless upgrade from OO) I was using ~/.xbindkeysrc
# History Back & Forward
"xte 'keydown Alt_L' 'key Left' 'keyup Alt_L' "
b:6
"xte 'keydown Alt_L' 'key Right' 'keyup Alt_L' "
b:7and it worked like a charm...
Now, on my new RR install (obtained by clean install of QQ and immediate upgrade to RR) it doesn't. Any ideas? What did I forgot in the meantime...?
(Yes I've changed HUD trigger key...)

Well I would download a daily Live image of RR rather than doing an upgrade of QQ. Not sure if it is related to your issue, but it's definitely the best way to do it.

zika
November 15th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Well I would download a daily Live image of RR rather than doing an upgrade of QQ. Not sure if it is related to your issue, but it's definitely the best way to do it.As I wrote somewhere here, at the moment I was doing reinstall I've tried daily RR, it just brought me after boot into native old RR on my HDD...
I do not think that that is an issue here, but I might be wrong...

mc4man
November 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I have a 2 week old " clean install of QQ and immediate upgrade to RR" & your ~/.xbindkeysrc works fine for back/forward in FF
Tried also on a freshly created add. user & again no issue
Also to note it doesn't matter if the HUD key is changed/removed or not.
(I usually remove HUD as have yet to find I use it much if at all

While likely not of use you could try renaming ~/.config/dconf/user to user.bak, do a log out/in & see
(to restore old user file then rename the new user file to user.bak1 or delete & rename user.bak to user

zika
November 15th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I have a 2 week old " clean install of QQ and immediate upgrade to RR" & your ~/.xbindkeysrc works fine for back/forward in FF
Tried also on a freshly created add. user & again no issue
Also to note it doesn't matter if the HUD key is changed/removed or not.
(I usually remove HUD as have yet to find I use it much if at all

While likely not of use you could try renaming ~/.config/dconf/user to user.bak, do a log out/in & see
(to restore old user file then rename the new user file to user.bak1 or delete & rename user.bak to userI know, I only wanted to prevent such kind of answers...
We'll see...