PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 12.10 Revert greybird theme to 12.04

cbovbjerg
November 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I upgraded my laptop to Xubuntu 12.10(from 12.04lts). But frankly, i don't like the new Greybird theme. Is there any way to revert the theme(and terminal) to the one from 12.04, which i much prefer.

Toz
November 13th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums.

As for the the theme, download the 12.04 version here (http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/s/shimmer-themes/shimmer-themes_1.3.0.orig-greybird.tar.gz) and extract it into your ~/.themes directory.

As for the terminal, I believe they are the same. Perhaps you just need to configure it to make it look the way you want.

vasa1
November 13th, 2012, 02:46 PM
As for the terminal, I believe they are the same. Perhaps you just need to configure it to make it look the way you want.

I'm out of touch with Greybird because I can't get it to work with pure Lubuntu but I seem to remember reading that some changes were planned for the tabs in the terminal. Since OP hasn't been specific, we can't know what the exact issue is.

cbovbjerg
November 13th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Thank you for the very quick reply. The theme was exactly what i wanted. As for the terminal, the colorsceme has changed from 12.04 to 12.10. The one in 12.04 was with a grey background which matched the color of the window decoration and scrollbar. The one in 12.10 is with a black background.

Toz
November 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Thank you for the very quick reply. The theme was exactly what i wanted. As for the terminal, the colorsceme has changed from 12.04 to 12.10. The one in 12.04 was with a grey background which matched the color of the window decoration and scrollbar. The one in 12.10 is with a black background.

Right-click on the terminal window, select preferences, and on the "Colors" tab, change the background colour. (You may also need to adjust the "transparency" setting on the "Appearance" tab.)

cbovbjerg
November 13th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I figured it out on my own. I copied terminalrc from the old version of xubuntu-default-settings package.