PDA

View Full Version : I want my Ubuntu 6.06 disks now!

PryGuy
July 3rd, 2006, 06:37 PM
Peace, friends!;)
I have ordered my Ubuntu 6.06 disks on May 21, and they are still not in my hands...:cry: I know it's okay and it's written on the shipit site that "requests usually take from 4 to 6 weeks to deliver" but I start worrying anyway. Yet I'm very impatient to try the thing out and can't download the CD image as I pay for traffic. So all I can do now is to envy people that tested it already! Your words of comfort will be appreciated.;)

rbalfour
July 3rd, 2006, 07:08 PM
6.06 was released on June 1, that is when you should start counting from.
Due to the high demand, it's more like 6 to 8 weeks...

tsb
July 3rd, 2006, 07:12 PM
Ah, just take the rape and d/l it already. ;) I feel sorry for hose w/o good ISP choices.

Derek Djons
July 3rd, 2006, 07:16 PM
Can't you trade with your neighbor who has adsl or something like that? You give him two beers and he lets you use his computer and one of his CD-R discs :)

PryGuy
July 3rd, 2006, 07:39 PM
Beer seems to be an international currency. ;) Well, it's all a question of time, I live about a 100km from Moscow and I will definitely visit my friend as I get a spare day to get there. I live near Moscow and you can get a broadband unlimited connection for $30 there and it is impossible here, not far from the place...:cry:

T700
July 3rd, 2006, 07:52 PM
Peter, email me at p a u l m y o u n g AT g m a i l DOT c o m with your complete address (exactly as it should appear on the mailing label) and I'll burn you a copy and ship it to you. Please specify which version (server, desktop, alternate, 32bit, etc.) you would like.

Paul

nowadays who knows
July 3rd, 2006, 08:05 PM
email your friend a link of the download. Have your friend download it and burn it for you . Then it is ready and waiting or have your friend mail it to you. If your going by there soon the dapper cd can be run as a live version and you maybe able to get your friend hooked on UBUNTU also.
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-064.gif

Dragonbite
July 3rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
Uh... I got mine last Friday.

codypumper
July 3rd, 2006, 09:07 PM
I got mine today, and it came with ubuntu stickers...

Miki01
July 4th, 2006, 12:30 AM
If I may ask, what kind of stickers are they? Are they suitable for being used as case badges?

Kernel Sanders
July 4th, 2006, 12:35 AM
If I may ask, what kind of stickers are they? Are they suitable for being used as case badges?

X2, does anyone have a picture of the stickers? :D

jason.b.c
July 4th, 2006, 12:35 AM
This is kind of what they look like..

Ubuntu
Linux for Human beings.

And yes., It looks quite nice on the front of my computer case...\\:D/

Kernel Sanders
July 4th, 2006, 12:47 AM
This is kind of what they look like..

Ubuntu
Linux for Human beings.

And yes., It looks quite nice on the front of my computer case...\\:D/

No logo? :(

Stew2
July 4th, 2006, 01:13 AM
X2, does anyone have a picture of the stickers? :D

Here is a link to a page with a good pic of the stickers and CD's, I think they are on post 113 or 114 :D

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=193241&page=12

P.S. I have seen another good pic with a blowup of the stickers but I can't seem to find it now.

Miki01
July 4th, 2006, 02:30 AM
They're quite large, but it can do on the side of my case. Its awkard though, my case is black, and the stickers, are... well... white... B

Compucore
July 4th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Well it's better than nothing at all. I know my two Dell's are black and my Aptiva is beige over here. I am not exactly going to complain about the white background.It looks nice though on either of them. Maybe we could offer Conical a variety of ubuntu stickers to choose from so they can decide for or give the option to the people ordering the cds to choose from. And make X amount of when they make the orders for the cd's.

Compucore

They're quite large, but it can do on the side of my case. Its awkard though, my case is black, and the stickers, are... well... white... B

ericesque
July 4th, 2006, 04:46 AM
I got my discs today, but no stickers :( Wish I'd gotten some stickers with them.

ericesque
July 4th, 2006, 04:48 AM
I got my discs today, but no stickers :( Wish I'd gotten some stickers with them.

*runs downstairs to check the package which is still on top of the trash

OH YES THERE IS! Very nice. My night just doubled in greatness.

PryGuy
July 4th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Peter, email me at p a u l m y o u n g AT g m a i l DOT c o m with your complete address (exactly as it should appear on the mailing label) and I'll burn you a copy and ship it to you. Please specify which version (server, desktop, alternate, 32bit, etc.) you would like.Dear Paul! Thank you for your proposal, really haven't expected it!:D I think I will cope myself, can't bother you. Anyway, thanks again!!!\\:D/

PryGuy
July 4th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Know what? I have recieved my UBUNTU CDs!!!\\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/
That's cool!!! And I got it just the next day as I posted this thread!;) Got 12 stickers also! Thanks anybody for the support!!!

Kernel Sanders
July 4th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Here is a link to a page with a good pic of the stickers and CD's, I think they are on post 113 or 114 :D

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=193241&page=12

P.S. I have seen another good pic with a blowup of the stickers but I can't seem to find it now.

Thanks for the link! :D

The stickers do seem quite large dont they..... not something that would fit easily on a laptop sadly :(

AndyCooll
July 4th, 2006, 12:43 PM
The stickers do seem quite large dont they..... not something that would fit easily on a laptop sadly :(

Looks can be deceptive ...they're perfect for a laptop.

:cool:

rbalfour
July 4th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Speak of the devil! After posting this, I just got my package..nice bonus...stickers!

PatrickMay16
July 4th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Peace, friends!;)
I have ordered my Ubuntu 6.06 disks on May 21, and they are still not in my hands...:cry: I know it's okay and it's written on the shipit site that "requests usually take from 4 to 6 weeks to deliver" but I start worrying anyway. Yet I'm very impatient to try the thing out and can't download the CD image as I pay for traffic. So all I can do now is to envy people that tested it already! Your words of comfort will be appreciated.;)
Fackin' like a master!! Fackin' at lightening speeds.

Let me tell you, man. I ordered mine some time at the end of May or beginning of June, and they arrived on July 1. They even put some stickers in with it. Pretty cool if you ask me.

They'll probably get to you any day now.

PryGuy
July 4th, 2006, 09:24 PM
The thing is I HAVE RECIEVED THE CDs the next day after I posted the message!!!;)