PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Freezing and crashing... again!!!

guiramos
November 12th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Well, with a high dosage of disapointment I'm writing.
I abandoned Ubuntu on version 11.

I cannot install it. I tried every single way possible to get this so called Operating System working but I failed.
And then, I quit. Move back to Windows.

Then version 12 is out and I, persistent as I am, trying to install this another time so called Operating System, again.
Failed again!!!
Trying the 32 bit version. The 64 version. Fresh from dvd. Fresh from USB, directly from windows. In three different computers and NOTHING!!!

And finally I started to talk to other people and they're getting the same behaviour. Installing or not, after the boot the system ALWAYS crash.

Microsoft has defects but their thing just WORKS. We don't want to spend the whole workday fooling around it nasty OSes installation programs. We want then up and running.

When you guys start to deliver working OSes, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know.

Sorry.

tajreed
November 12th, 2012, 11:29 PM
I've been installing and using Ubuntu since about version 6-Six years ago.

There have been occasional glitches but I've always gotten them installed both 32&64 bit. And I am certainly no techy.

Why don't you tell us where they fail? And the machines you're trying to install it on.

There is plenty of insight in the forums and in my case most of the solutions have been simple and almost obvious-how did I miss them?

Try again and ask for help.

Good luck

heebzy87
November 12th, 2012, 11:36 PM
I'm rather confused as to how you're having a hard time. What is it doing. If you've had problems this long you are doing something fundamentally wrong. Ubuntu will run on legacy equipment that is flat out old. Is your boot order right? Did you burn the image properly. Freezing and Crashing is very broad. We need to know where you're getting at in the install.