PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Requires installation of untrusted packages

quentinl
November 12th, 2012, 08:24 AM
i try to install something in the Ubuntu software center and it says "Requires installation of untrusted packages" it gives me 2 options 1 "OK" which just agrees and stops the installation or 2 "repair" which just makes it wait a while before doing nothing i have tried editing the software sources but that does nothing. i am using 12.10 (quantal quetzal) is it something to do with it because i don't think it is in full release yet

Cheesehead
November 12th, 2012, 02:09 PM
There are several possible causes.
For example, you might be trying to pull an untrusted package from a PPA.

We can help you better if you try the instalation in a terminal and give us the exact warning and/or error message.

What package are you trying to install?

Why do you believe 12.10 is 'not in full release yet'? Why do you suspect that's relevant?

vasa1
November 12th, 2012, 02:34 PM
... i have tried editing the software sources but that does nothing. ...
And unless you know what you're doing, editing the software sources isn't really recommended.

oldos2er
November 12th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Can you post the terminal output from
sudo apt-get update && cat /etc/apt/sources.list

quentinl
November 13th, 2012, 06:45 AM
There are several possible causes.
For example, you might be trying to pull an untrusted package from a PPA.

We can help you better if you try the instalation in a terminal and give us the exact warning and/or error message.

What package are you trying to install?

Why do you believe 12.10 is 'not in full release yet'? Why do you suspect that's relevant?

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop
has download for 12.04 "For long-term support"
also i managed to fix it by just changing stuff that seemed right.
and it worked
http://xkcd.com/627/
related

coffeepenguin
October 24th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Could you possibly say what you changed, Im having the same problem :/

oldos2er
October 24th, 2013, 05:18 PM
coffeepenguin, instead of bumping old threads, please start a new thread and give as many details about your problem as possible, including Ubuntu version and hardware specs. You have a much greater chance of getting help by doing so.

Old thread closed.