PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] help,my vga driver not suport for compiz!

geodeth
November 9th, 2012, 08:41 PM
when I try to check compatibility vga I get the following message :
rendy@rnd-rose:~$ sudo chmod +x compiz-check
[sudo] password for rendy:
rendy@rnd-rose:~$ ./compiz-check

More than one graphics chip detected -- sorry, the script can not handle that.
Aborting.~$ lspci | grep VGA

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1058 (rev a1)~$ lshw -C video

WARNING: you should run this program as super-user.
*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: NVIDIA Corporation
vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
version: a1
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=nouveau latency=0
resources: irq:16 memory:db000000-dbffffff memory:c0000000-c7ffffff memory:c8000000-c9ffffff ioport:d000(size=128) memory:dc000000-dc07ffff
*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 2
bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
version: 09
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
resources: irq:52 memory:dc400000-dc7fffff memory:b0000000-bfffffff ioport:e000(size=64)
WARNING: output may be incomplete or inaccurate, you should run this program as super-user.

im using ubuntu 12.10 and my vga its nvidia geforce 610m (notebook user)
pliz help that problem, how i can fix ore update driver vga.
couse im Newbie here.
thx before :)

grahammechanical
November 9th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Why are do you want to check for Compiz compatibility? Ubuntu uses Compiz as the compositing/window manager. You would not have a working Ubuntu without Compiz compatibility.

I also think that you have Nvidia Optimus technology. You may need to read about it here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bumblebee

Regards

geodeth
November 10th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Why are do you want to check for Compiz compatibility? Ubuntu uses Compiz as the compositing/window manager. You would not have a working Ubuntu without Compiz compatibility.

I also think that you have Nvidia Optimus technology. You may need to read about it here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bumblebee

Regards
i just install bumblebee project and i can use compiz?
wht are must do after that?
Regards

geodeth
November 10th, 2012, 01:59 PM
some one help pliss...

grahammechanical
November 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Please explain what you want to do. Ubuntu would not work without Compiz. So, you are using Compiz. What do you want to do that you think that you need Compiz to do it?

All video cards have VGA compatibility. It is a very old standard to give a basic video mode with whatever monitor is being used. To get better quality video displays we need special video drivers.

Ubuntu uses an open source video driver called Nouveau and sometimes we can install a proprietary driver from the company that made our video card. As far as I know Nvidia has only recently started working on a driver for its Optimus technology. So, Linux developers have tried to develop the Bumblebee project.

If you now have a suitable video driver for your machine, then you must tell us what the problem is. I do not know what you are wanting to do.

I can make three types of connection to my monitor. I can use VGA, DVI and HMDI. What is the difference?

Computers are digital devices. Early monitors used cathode ray tubes (CRT) and so were analogue devices. With a VGA connection the digital video information from the computer is first converted to analogue information so that the CRT monitor can display the information.

Modern (LED) monitors are digital devices. So, they can be connected directly to the digital video circuits of the computer without the need for conversion to analogue. This is what happens when we connect a modern monitor to a computer using DVI. It does the same as VGA but without the conversion to analogue.

What happens if we connect a modern monitor to a computer using the VGA connection? The digital signal is first converted to analogue and then sent to the monitor where it is converted back to digital.

HDMI is the same as DVI but with the ability to use high definition video information.

I cannot think of any other way to help than the help I have given you.

Regards.

geodeth
November 11th, 2012, 09:03 AM
couse i cant found icon for setting desktop cube,like this :
http://imageshack.us/a/img141/4067/screenshotfrom201211111.png

what i must do?

zombifier25
November 11th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Install the compiz-plugins-extra package. Then again, that probably won't work, read here for more details: https://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2012/09/07/maintainers-for-the-unsupported-plugins/