PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 12.04 Terminal issue

suitableusername
November 9th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Ok yesterday I upgraded my laptop from ubuntu 11.somthing to 12.04. Now I don't have wireless capabilities anymore and when I bring up terminal nothing shows up but it's open I just can't see anything going on with it.

Someone help me with this terminal issue I have search and it seems nobody else has had this problem. I can fix the wireless if I had terminal. I have alot of homework to get done and don't have time for this

Thank you in advance.

2F4U
November 9th, 2012, 05:59 PM
You should be able to get to a virtual console by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1 (F2, F3, etc.). You should then be able to login and fix the wireless.
The terminal issue may be related to the graphics card, so you should post your hardware specs.

grahammechanical
November 9th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Or you open the Dash - tap the super key and type terminal and press enter.

Please do not post the same question more than once. Ubuntu 12.04 is not that much different from Ubuntu 11.04 or 11.04 in this matter

jerome1232
November 9th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Can you open xterm?

As an aside you might have a botched upgrade :(

Dennis N
November 9th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Ok yesterday I upgraded my laptop from ubuntu 11.somthing to 12.04. Now I don't have wireless capabilities anymore and when I bring up terminal nothing shows up but it's open I just can't see anything going on with it.

Someone help me with this terminal issue I have search and it seems nobody else has had this problem. I can fix the wireless if I had terminal. I have alot of homework to get done and don't have time for this

Thank you in advance.

This may be your problem:

Check if the text color and the background color are set the same color, making the text invisible.

Edit > Profiles > Edit Button > Colors Tab

Uncheck 'use colors from system theme', then select a built-in scheme or custom colors.