PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to use installed programs seen in ubuntu software centre not seen in launcher bar

shailendra kumar
November 8th, 2012, 05:25 PM
how to use installed programs seen in ubuntu software centre not seen in launcher bar. even there is no option of icon to drag or right click for sending these installed programs in launchar bar. Please suggest!

atkrad
November 8th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Which software not seen in launch bar?

grahammechanical
November 8th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Open the Dash and use the applications lens. Super key (windows) + A. Click Installed see xx more results. From the icons click the application you want to use. It will load and put an icon in the Launcher. Right click the icon and select Lock to Launcher.

You should also read the Ubuntu Desktop User guide. It is called Help. You can search for it in the Dash. By the way, those icons you see in the Dash can be dragged on to the Launcher and they will stay there until you right click and select Unlock from Launcher.

Regards.

jerome1232
November 8th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Also as opposed to poking through that filter, you can start typing, for example I want to edit a photo so I start typing photo and both gimp and shotwell show up quickly.

Anything you access frequently drag out to your launcher, other stuff should be a very quick search away.
Both the HUD and the Dash learn as you use it, for example the HUD remembers that last time I was in Tomboy notes and i typed "new" I wanted to create a new note, as soon as I hit "n" it's already showing that option I want.

Press and hold the super key (windows key) to get a list of keyboard shortcuts to make life easy.