PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing kdevelop-python needs unavailable KDevPlatformConfig.cmake

alex2356
November 8th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Hi,

I am stuck in the usual installation nightmare (Installing package A gives error; need to find out by try and error which package B to install; this gives error, need to find out by try and error which package C might be needed etc)
and to install the package "kdevelop-python-master" (of which I am not sure if this is the rigt package anyway, I am just looking how to indent a marked block of python code at once in kdevelop) with CMake I get the error:

Could not find a configuration file for package KDevPlatform.

Set KDevPlatform_DIR to the directory containing a CMake configuration file
for KDevPlatform. The file will have one of the following names:

KDevPlatformConfig.cmake
kdevplatform-config.cmakeThe problem is that I either do not have those cmake files, or do now know where. I am able to find some KDevPlatformConfig.cmake.in files in the internet, but this does not help much.

I would appreciate some help in either
- find the proper KDevPlatformConfig.cmake or kdevplatform-config.cmake files on my computer (12.04.1 LTS)
- download the poper configuration files
- what package to install with apt-get to solve this problem
- how to 'convert' the cmake.in file to a .cmake file
- or anything else that works.

Thanks,
Alex

geralds
December 17th, 2012, 02:16 PM
I would appreciate some help in either
- what package to install with apt-get to solve this problem

try

sudo apt-get install kdevplatform-dev
for the above error; however, to make it through the whole build, you'll likely need

sudo apt-get install kdevplatform-dev kdevelop-pg-qt kdevelop-dev

If cmake still complains, check if you have the correct version of kdevplatform as kdev-python currently requires 1.4 (which is included in *ubuntu 12.10.
hth