PDA

View Full Version : What kind of keyboard do you use?

samalex
November 5th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Totally curious what type of keyboard everyone uses... I've used the white Microsoft Natural ergonomic keyboard for about 12 years now, and I've gone through maybe three or four of them over the years. Not that they wear out, but most die due to spilled coffee or soda :-/

So what does everyone else use? Anyone use an old-school Model-M keyboard? What about a totally off the wall style of keyboard? And anyone use Dvorak style?

scouser73
November 5th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I use the one supplied by HP which came with the computer.

Uncle Spellbinder
November 5th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I use the one that came attached to my laptop.

Linuxratty
November 5th, 2012, 08:17 PM
White mini keyboard.

lisati
November 5th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I use a "budget" USB keyboard from a well known (in NZ and Australia) electronics retailer whose name gets mangled by the forum's word filter. (I think http://dse.co.nz still works as a link.)

pqwoerituytrueiwoq
November 5th, 2012, 08:38 PM
I use the one that i got with the 1st computer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261051890311 here are some on ebay
the 1st 3 buttons on the top don't work, but who needs a Internet, Search and Help button

Eggnog
November 5th, 2012, 08:40 PM
qwerty

Megaptera
November 5th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I think I use the mouse too much!

HansKisaragi
November 5th, 2012, 09:23 PM
"QWERTY" Microsoft Razer Reclusa with blue backlite.

the keyboard cost 5$ and im amazed it still works.

I want one of those clicky clicky keyboard.

doorknob60
November 5th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I use a basic Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo. It was just their "standard" model, not sure the exact number, but it works great. It was about $40 for the KB and Mouse at a retail store, could probably find it for a bit less online.

MG&TL
November 5th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I have no idea what mine is, but it's white, has extremely deliberate keypress action, and I love it to bits. :)

sffvba[e0rt
November 5th, 2012, 10:21 PM
For my desktop I decided to spoil myself with a mechanical gaming keyboard; This is a whole lot of keyboard! (http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-6gv2)

szymon_g
November 5th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I use MSEK 4000. that's my 4th keyboard- they die because of coffee (no, i'm not proud of it).
If I'd have a money, I'd buy Kinesis Ergonomic Pro with blue cherry switches (i'd have to wait for that)!

Old_Grey_Wolf
November 5th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Usually whatever came with the computer. If I have to replace one, I choose something that feels right when I type, compatible with the computer, and not expensive. With replacement laptop keyboards, there are a lot of options. I also check the laptop keyboard replacement supplier customer reviews.

Jakin
November 6th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Laptop keyboard, its sorta styled like Macbook keys (spacing between keys) but its a Toshiba.

On my desktop i like to use mechanical keyboards.

supergrav
November 6th, 2012, 01:33 AM
I like to use wireless and "silent" keyboards, so for the last 2 years I'm using a logitech dinovo set.

bob-linux-user
November 6th, 2012, 02:26 AM
As long it is wireless-to reduce clutter. Also I never use the number pad on the right. For years I had an "Acorn Electron" and got out the habit of using the number pad.

Currently have 2 Logitech K360 's which are pretty good.

nikonian
November 6th, 2012, 02:33 AM
KeyTronic "Ergoforce" and/or Dell AT102W (preferred).

[EDIT]

... Or whatever the machine which I am using has... or a hard glass surface, if on my Nexus 7...

SuperFreak
November 6th, 2012, 03:41 AM
12 Year old Cyberex keyboard from my first computer. I think it is a mechanical type, not certain but it is nicer to type on than the MS Natural keyboard I used to use but broke.

PhilGil
November 6th, 2012, 04:26 AM
At home I use a Kensington 6435 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823155003), which has scissor-switch keys like a laptop keyboard and a nice feel. Sadly, it appears to be discontinued.
http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/ProductImageCompressAll300/23-155-003-01.jpg

At the office I use a Logitech K120 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126096), a surprisingly good keyboard for the price.

angryfirelord
November 6th, 2012, 04:51 AM
I use the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 keyboard. The split keys take a little bit of time to get used to, but I find it immensely helpful in preventing any kind of finger or wrist pain.

Phrea
November 6th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I use a Logitech Wave desktop set.
Normally I wouldn't post that, but I cleaned the keyboard last week [taking it apart] and it's very much worth mentioning that this keyboard is insanely easy to clean [and even wash !].

speedwell68
November 6th, 2012, 04:07 PM
On my main computer I use a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000, which is a lovely keyboard. On my other desktop I use the standard Acer one it came with, which isn't too bad for a OEM keyboard. On my works computer I user the Viglen branded on it came with, which is blooddy awful the keys are too chunky and at an awful angle which plays havoc with my touch typing speed and accuracy. By the end of the working day I will have grown used to this awful Viglen keyboard and will have to re-adjust my typing for my Microsoft or Acer keyboards. Whilst the Microsoft and Acer keyboards are quite different in design I can swap between the two with ease, I can even swap to my laptop and netbook keyboard easily, this Viglen thing is something else. I am on it now and it has taken me several minutes to type this out and I keep on having to look down at the keyboard. The keyboard on my server at work is a cheap chinese mini keyboard with a built in trackball and it isn't too bad.

JRV
November 6th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I use an IBM keyboard from a 1985 PS/2.
It doesn't have a Windows key.

mips
November 6th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Logitech UltraX

http://download.hardware.no/tester/input/logitech_ultrax/4t.jpg

Very thin with laptop keys and I've had it for many moons. So long I've worn the silver coating off it a few years ago already but it's still a joy to use.

CharlesA
November 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I use a basic Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo. It was just their "standard" model, not sure the exact number, but it works great. It was about $40 for the KB and Mouse at a retail store, could probably find it for a bit less online.
Same for me. I used to use a 10 dollar wired logitech but got fed up of it getting unplugged if I pulled the PC out, so wireless ftw.

KiwiNZ
November 6th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Small ones, but my Apple keyboard has an insatiable appetite for batteries.

papibe
November 6th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 with the numeric pad on the left side.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5CgGpBB3K8TIk-ZFnJY8jyVthgcWAZUhizZxdIDsItTpdVvlC

28c64
November 7th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations for a mechanical keyboard that functions standard in Ubuntu? I'm specifically looking for one with a numpad as well (possibly a couple macro keys, not necessary though).

I've been shopping for a bit online and saw a few I like but I'm a bit hesitant to throw $100 down.

SuperFreak
November 7th, 2012, 02:36 AM
I can't recommend a mechanical keyboard but I will suggest you stay away from Azio mech keyboards. I bought one recently (Called Levitron Click keyboard (KB528U) ) which worked fine in Windows and in BIOS but would not work in Ubuntu. I found out too late it was not compatible with Linux which surprised me as I thought all keyboards would work

see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2056161 for details

sffvba[e0rt
November 7th, 2012, 02:38 AM
For my desktop I decided to spoil myself with a mechanical gaming keyboard; This is a whole lot of keyboard! (http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-6gv2)

My 6gv2 works out the box, the audio controls work too (which is a bonus).

nikonian
November 7th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Best not to show this thread to the kids @ "Deskthority" or "Geekhack" - they'll throw a fit.

mvidberg
November 7th, 2012, 03:10 AM
I use a Goldtouch ... actually have 2 of them. Love this keyboard.

http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Goldtouch-Adjustable-GTU-0088-Keyboard/dp/B005ZLTNN4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352254123&sr=8-1&keywords=goldtouch

maryna
November 7th, 2012, 11:00 AM
i use genius

BrokenKingpin
November 7th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Microsoft Sidewinder... this has a detachable number pad that can go on the left side, allowing me to have the mouse closer to the keyboard. It is a gaming keyboard, so it has a lot of nice features like macro keys and backlit keys.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-ca/p/sidewinder-x6-keyboard/AGB-00003

Linuxisfast
November 7th, 2012, 06:25 PM
MS Natural, :D thats the only MS stuff I use and can't live without.

Tinker Tantrum
December 16th, 2012, 09:02 PM
MSEK 4000 is probably the most genius thing ever invented. I only stop computing and learning the ways and means of code to use the bathroom now that I have this wonderful product. While I don't like Microjunk as a company, they make great ergonomic products. When that company collapses, Xbox and keyboards will be the only things that survive.

Tinker Tantrum
December 18th, 2012, 09:59 PM
I use MSEK 4000. that's my 4th keyboard- they die because of coffee (no, i'm not proud of it).
If I'd have a money, I'd buy Kinesis Ergonomic Pro with blue cherry switches (i'd have to wait for that)!

A fellow MSEK 4000 user. That KEP looks intimidating.

Lunanix
December 18th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I use a Logitech G15 Keyboard. It's pretty nice, i havent yet got the little lcd screen to work on ubuntu yet though :(. SOON! :P

Zane Pepper
December 19th, 2012, 12:29 AM
I use a crappy old Gateway keyboard that came with a Windows Millennium edition PC from back in the day.

robert shearer
December 19th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Another vote for Goldtouch...

http://www.goldtouch.com/p-5-goldtouch-standard-usb-adjustable-keyboard-white-pc-only.aspx

Greatest ergonomic kbd I have used, don't miss the number pad and thats more than made up for by having the mouse in easier reach.

Best of all, got it at a yard sale, in a box, unopened, unused.
"It's just some funny keyboard thing...you can have it for a dollar."
:D

churchy d
December 19th, 2012, 01:09 AM
dvorak for my layout.

as far as keyboards go, i prefer laptop keyboards.

The Spectre
December 19th, 2012, 03:31 AM
I am currently enjoying the use of this Keyboard...
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/bluetooth-mobile-keyboard-5000#details

I might not like Windows but they do have some nice hardware.

VooDooSyxx
December 19th, 2012, 07:36 AM
When not on one of my laptops, I use this one. Best KB I've ever owned and I've had several that cost several times as much as the Adesso

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823166092

Benjamin Schizophrenia
December 19th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Mine is Hp ,provided with my laptop.

Jvdy
December 19th, 2012, 10:09 AM
white logitech
us qwerty

ZombieApocalypse
December 19th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave (UK qwerty). Nice shape and layout, and good for gaming (doesn't give me RSI). Though I don't use the mouse that came with it as it is too low res for gaming (I switched to the Logitch MX518).

http://www.logitech.com/assets/35311/cordless-desktop-wave4142.png

Warpnow
December 19th, 2012, 02:44 PM
IBM Model M from 1987, before I was born.

Dragonbite
December 19th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I have a Dell thin USB keyboard which work was getting rid of a couple of months ago to help clear shelf space (I also got 4 computers out of the deal)

Jocklad
December 19th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Don’t know what kind it is.

But its full of letters ,numbers and Squiggly things.

Jocklad :-({|=:mrgreen:):P

GreatDanton
December 19th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Logitech Illuminated: pretty expensive but the best keyboard I ever had/tried.
http://www.logitech.com/assets/14557/14557.png

codingman
December 20th, 2012, 01:00 AM
I still have one of those old mechanical PS/2's, sadly, my new build doesn't have PS/2, but I found a usb adapter for it. It's some random brand, one that's useless, but it's still epic.

xdarkxanarchyx
December 20th, 2012, 04:26 AM
I've got some old Logitech Cordless Desktop keyboard.
I don't use the mouse anymore as I use an old but good Compaq wireless ergonomic with two additional thumb buttons.

I'm looking into getting some sort of "gaming" keyboard with extra buttons and possibly backlighting.

I'm really surprized to see how many people here have M$ products!

codingman
January 2nd, 2013, 09:18 PM
*delete this*

codingman
January 2nd, 2013, 09:20 PM
My 6gv2 works out the box, the audio controls work too (which is a bonus).

How are the MX Black switches on that? A lot of people have bad things to say about them.

TeamRocket1233c
January 3rd, 2013, 08:46 PM
MS Natural Keyboard Elite. Same keyboard I used with my old computer. Very spartan, but very comfortable to type with.

Bandit
January 3rd, 2013, 09:09 PM
Logitech Illuminated: pretty expensive but the best keyboard I ever had/tried.

Those are pretty good. I started to get one for my Mac Mini, but Best Buy only had PC version and I didnt feel like ordering and waiting on the apple store..

KosakiHook
January 4th, 2013, 02:33 AM
I use a Logitech MX3200 wireless keyboard/mouse combo. I don't do a lot of typing, mostly mousing. The typing experience is OK, but sometimes, I have to hit the key a little harder to get it to register if I don't hit the key more centrally. It's OK to type, but the great thing is the plethora of hot keys (calculator, media player, etc). Even better is the mouse with extra programmable buttons (backward, forward, vol up/down/mute) that make navigating a pleasure and productive. I'm thinking of getting a trackball mouse one of these days.

Linuxisfast
January 4th, 2013, 03:07 AM
I can't use anything but MS Natural, thats one MS product I am hooked on I must comfess :D

kaldor
January 5th, 2013, 05:10 PM
I ordered a Das Keyboard and it arrived last night. Best keyboard I have ever used :)

TeamRocket1233c
January 23rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
I can't use anything but MS Natural, thats one MS product I am hooked on I must comfess :D

MS Natural FTW! -is an MS Natural Keyboard user himself-

fontis
January 24th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Well.. I've had a bunch of different keyboards pretty much used in a somewhat rotation scheme based on whatever sponsors were paying my tickets to LAN's at the time.

I guess my favorite keyboard was the Logitech Ultra X Flat, but that was like over 10 years ago now I guess.
Right now, I'm still using the last keyboard I got from my sponsors, the first Saitek eclipse keyboard. It's got a bit glitchy (read: sometimes it stops working so I gotta smack it back to life) but other than that I love it. It's lasted me a very very long time, traveled with me all over the place and endured smashes, spills and what have you.

bcschmerker
April 7th, 2013, 02:54 AM
I have gone through a number of keyboards, incl. a Unicomp® Customizer™ 104 that failed a switch on me (the Model M design, which actuates membrane switches with buckling springs, is not so bombproof as the International Business Machines® P/N 6110341, which used capacitive keysensors on a simple-curved multilayer circuit board, ye see), and an International Business Machines® P/N 42C0014 Japanese-language keyboard for rack-mount applications. As of 6 April 2013 I use Logitech® Y-UV92 keyboards (Model G15 Series 2) on both Windows and LinUX boxes (viz., the hot-rod Everex® that I run under Ubuntu® 12.04.2-LTS, AMD64 Edition, and an Asus® CM1630-06 with video and audio upgrades that I run under Microsoft® Windows® Se7en™ 64-bit 7.0.8001), although I've plans to replace the older/more worn one with the same manufacturer's Model G710+ - the Cherry® MX™ Brown mechanical keyswitch trumps the synthetic-rubber-dome key technology of the earlier G's for durability.

deeminter2010
September 10th, 2013, 02:59 AM
I'm currently using a logitech K800 wireless keyboard. I ordered a Corsair Vengeance K70 this morning. I'm trying to get away from wireless devices as much as possible. My computers are in a small room and I currently have two wireless mice and two wireless keyboards. I don't know if the rf signals from these devices can have an adverse effect on my health or not. I prefer to error on the side of caution. I recently had a pace maker installed and will try to cut back on risks as much as possible.

codingman
September 10th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Just got a CM Storm Trigger cause it was on sale for only $60, so it was a no-brainer, as my other keyboard is like ice.

Kevin_Arnold
September 10th, 2013, 05:01 AM
I use a DasKeyboard... Blue I think. I can't ever remember but it is the noisier/more tactile one. I love it!

I use a full sized apple brand Mac keyboard at work and actually like it quite a bit as well.

1clue
September 10th, 2013, 05:28 AM
I use a Kinesis Freestyle Solo. http://www.kinesis-ergo.com

http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/images/kb820pb-648x204.jpg

Actually I use 3 of them on different computers. They also have convenient lugs on the bottom, so you can do stuff like mount it to the arms of your chair or make some specific style of mount if you want.

Not exactly cheap though, there's an extra digit on the price compared to most of the ones mentioned.

codingman
September 11th, 2013, 01:31 AM
I use a DasKeyboard... Blue I think. I can't ever remember but it is the noisier/more tactile one. I love it!

I got brown, just for the noise, because it drove me crazy, especially when I go faster. I do like the reds, but they're like tomatoes, and the blacks are like rock, and much harder to type on in my opinion.

DasKeyboard is a great company, but at the time my keyboard was already working, and when I noticed this for $60, I thought that I'd get one.

Werne
September 11th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Well, I use a Chicony KB-9810 that came with the first PC I ever had. It's 15 years old and still rocking, same as that old pile of electronics it came with.

kaj_rumpff
September 13th, 2013, 04:20 PM
qwertyuiop
asdfghjkl
zxcvbnm

RaZoR1394
September 13th, 2013, 06:33 PM
I recently switched to a Steelseries Apex. Unfortunately there is no GNU/Linux software for this keyboard to change the backlit key colors and macro features. I hate Windows.

herrfischer
September 13th, 2013, 07:13 PM
i have tested many and the best for me is the apple keyboard (Apple MB110D/B). i think i am 2x faster with that. and the keyboard looks simple and stylish. you can use this keyboard on any PC (i do not own an apple PC anymore, i had some [mac mini, imac, G4 ...] but i don't like mac os).

mseney
September 14th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Logitech Washable Keyboard K310. I love this keyboard so much now, that I even bought one for my work computer. BestBuy had them for $12.99. When I bought the first one, I didn't like it at all, but I kept using it anyway for a day. Then it somehow became my favorite. It replaced a Dell SK-8115 Slim Standard Keyboard on my home Ubuntu Desktop PC. At work it replaced my Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000.

KCNLbAf
September 22nd, 2013, 01:08 AM
A stock Alienware keyboard

HansKisaragi
September 22nd, 2013, 04:08 PM
Logitech K120 .. no more fancy keyboards for me..

vicsar
September 22nd, 2013, 10:25 PM
EuroCase EUKMW-818 Topaz Combo w/wireless mouse
http://www.eurocase.com/eukmw_818_topaz?PHPSESSID=qhjctrisp

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Wireless combo: optical mouse + Multimedia keyboard
• USB nano receptor
• 2-way 2.4GHz Wireless Technology (7 mts)

KEYBOARD
• 20 multimedia keys
• Ultra slim design

MOUSE
• DPI button to adjust the resolution between 800 and 1600 DPI

vicsar
September 22nd, 2013, 10:29 PM
I recently switched to a Steelseries Apex. Unfortunately there is no GNU/Linux software for this keyboard to change the backlit key colors and macro features. I hate Windows.

o_O You hate Windows? But Microsoft does not support Linux or Apex. What do they have to do with Apex not creating Linux drivers? :confused:

):P

MethosCR
September 23rd, 2013, 07:51 PM
I use the one that came attached to my laptop.

Me too. :lolflag:

bibek2
September 24th, 2013, 12:08 AM
I use the one that came with the laptop. as far as mouse goes, i have a standard wireless mouse because i just cant seen to use the touchpad on the laptops.

codingman
September 24th, 2013, 01:00 AM
^Same here. They really make me mad.

Brian_van_den_Berg
September 24th, 2013, 09:21 AM
I use a very cheap keyboard made by a company here in holland(Microtools) It's fine for basic things, but for gaming it's not really good as it doesn't respond too well sometimes.
'

mynamesalex
September 24th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Nice expensive keyboard. Corsair K60 mechanical keyboard. It was sent down from the heavens to grace our world with it's beauty, and graceful keystrokes.

CharlesA
September 24th, 2013, 11:05 PM
I use the one that came with the laptop. as far as mouse goes, i have a standard wireless mouse because i just cant seen to use the touchpad on the laptops.

Two-finger scrolling really gets on my nerves...

mamamia88
September 25th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Logitech mk710 on my main computer and logitech k360 on my htpc.

kurt18947
September 25th, 2013, 08:59 PM
I lust after one of Unicomp keyboards from pckeyboard.com but don't feel like dropping close to $100 on a keyboard I don't really need. I got a recon Logitech K320 w/o mouse and it's not bad, really. There is at least some tactile feedback to the keystrokes. I don't like that it doesn't have numlock & keylock LEDs but I suspect that no wireless keyboard does. Thanks to kazimieras.vaina for the Lock Keys shell extension.

bmeakings
September 26th, 2013, 01:42 AM
I've got a Qpad MK-50 mechanical (MX Reds). I was using a dirt cheap keyboard before I decided to treat myself and see what all the fuss was about. So far I'm pretty satisfied with it. As for my mouse, it's a cheap Genius brand one I bought about 3 years ago. I finally decided my Microsoft Intellimouse had served me well enough and it was time to go from ball to optical.

At work I use a Logitech MK710 wireless Kb/Mouse set. It's ok but sometimes if I don't hit the keys dead on they don't engage properly and it's a bit annoying but I can live with it. It worked OOTB on my Ubuntu machine, save for a few hotkeys but most of them were mappable which was pleasantly surprising.

philinux
September 26th, 2013, 02:08 PM

Ditto - same here.

Roger_Provins
September 27th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Cheap and cheerful wireless Logitech K260

PhoHammer
September 28th, 2013, 01:31 AM
I had a solar-powered, wireless Logitech for a while and it was great. But the ctrl key got broken off (can't live without that) so I use an old Dell keyboard when I need one.

I'm on a laptop mostly now, so it's either the keyboard of my Dell E6400 (which I like) or my macbook pro (which I don't like that much).

Cyb3
October 3rd, 2013, 07:02 PM
I'm using Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740. It's absolutely amazing, the best keyboard i've ever had. It's really comfortable and a nice design to it. Link: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/illuminated-keyboard-k740

PratterFak
October 4th, 2013, 06:46 AM
I'm using Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740. It's absolutely amazing, the best keyboard i've ever had. It's really comfortable and a nice design to it. Link: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/illuminated-keyboard-k740

This is exactly what I use and love it as well. I paired it with a Logitech Wireless Mouse M310.

vegan.philosophy
November 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
I am using the keyboard which came as a part of my HP desktop. I also another keyboard made by iBall but both of the keyboards are normal USB keyboards. Sometimes I use 'onboard' application available on Ubuntu.

vicsar
November 10th, 2013, 06:19 AM
EuroCase EUKMW-818 Topaz Combo w/wireless mouse
http://www.eurocase.com/eukmw_818_topaz?PHPSESSID=qhjctrisp

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Wireless combo: optical mouse + Multimedia keyboard
• USB nano receptor
• 2-way 2.4GHz Wireless Technology (7 mts)

KEYBOARD
• 20 multimedia keys
• Ultra slim design

MOUSE
• DPI button to adjust the resolution between 800 and 1600 DPI

And here is a word of advice: don't buy this brand. My mouse wheel broke with normal usage and the dealer would not exchange the product as 3 months have gone by since I purchased it... warranty is no longer valid according to the store terms.

aness
November 10th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Mac keyboard.

PaulW2U
November 11th, 2013, 11:37 PM

Same here. The K120 is inexpensive but of reasonable quality.

I now use a K120 keyboard at home and at work but the one I have at home is in much better condition. :D

llanitedave
November 12th, 2013, 04:46 AM
I got an HP wireless keyboard a couple of weeks ago. Tonight I tossed it out in disgust because it was skipping almost half my keystrokes. I'm back to my old reliable Logitech classic 200.

pudgypaw
November 12th, 2013, 05:25 AM
I got an HP wireless keyboard a couple of weeks ago. Tonight I tossed it out in disgust because it was skipping almost half my keystrokes. I'm back to my old reliable Logitech classic 200.

Are you sure you're using the right batteries for that? They are very sensitive and require AAA Energizer batteries.

cbennett926
November 12th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Big Blue Thinkpad Keyboard, won't ever use one without TrackPoint again!

david98
November 12th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Laptop keyboard on laptop and a desktop a small wireless logitek keyboard on my main dedsktop.

llanitedave
November 13th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Are you sure you're using the right batteries for that? They are very sensitive and require AAA Energizer batteries.

We put in modern alkaline batteries, but if the keyboard is so sensitive as to require a specific brand, then it's not worth it. I use Linux because I don't want to be beholden to arbitrary marketing policies, if there's branding hell in my hardware, I don't want that either.

ads2996
November 15th, 2013, 09:16 AM
I use a Microsoft multimedia natural keyboard, I use at my desk when my laptop is hooked up to my monitor. The keys however are considerably bigger than my laptop, so cause of the way I game on my laptop by not using the right click, and use the alt key instead, so alt usually get shot rather than space. But I love the keyboard to bits, especially the media buttons to listen music while gaming.

chikdee1
November 17th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Well for the longest time I was just using a regular straight up Dell SK-158 English/Spanish keyboard, until I recently started developing pains in my wrists & fingers from the constant constricted typing, but a month back I found a couple of Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 keyboards from a vendor at a local flea market for 5 bucks.
MAN!!! The best 5 bucks I've spent in a long time, too bad he didn't have anymore available I definitely would've bought up the rest of them.
Thank goodness I've been pain free ever since!!! :)

SuperFreak
February 4th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Anyone have this working with Ubuntu " Thermaltake TT eSports Poseidon Illuminated – Brown Switch Edition USB Full Backlight "?

Or are most of the mechanical keyboards incompatible

mips
February 4th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Logitech Ultra-X

william14
February 5th, 2014, 03:55 AM
I use the keyboard that comes with whatever laptop I currently own. This one is on an BM ThinkPad T60p. The keyboard I've used the longest was on a Mac Mini, which was in use for a little over 2 years. When shopping for a keyboard, I tend to favor Logitech keyboards.

BACbOK
February 5th, 2014, 03:12 PM
On PC I'm using Logitech wireless touch keyboard k400.

brpylko
February 6th, 2014, 04:18 AM
I use the one built into my laptop (a ThinkPad W520), and it's pretty nice. I use Dvorak as my keyboard layout.

Adam_GUI
February 6th, 2014, 05:14 AM
IBM KB-7953
Thing's mechanical. (I think.) Built like a tank.
I get a solid click from every key-press and a very satisfying "clunk" every time I hit the return.

I got it at a yard sale with a bunch of other ancient hardware years back.
I plan on keeping this thing until the ink wears off the keys.

Craig_Oda
February 6th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Saitek Eclispe II, which I don't like that much. The backlight is too weak for my taste and the lighting does not come through the center of the keys. I also don't like the keyboard press feel that much. It doesn't feel like it is returning fast enough for my tastes.

I am thinking of buying either the Logitech K740 or the Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown.

Any opinions on this?

I have a Logitech G11 that I like less than the Eclipse II. The Logitech G11 is rated highly on Newegg.

My friend just bought the CODE keyboard. maybe I should give it a try?

PJs Ronin
February 6th, 2014, 09:50 AM
a black one

Jonor
February 6th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Be interested to hear if anyone with the logitech K800 has tried to modify the sensors to have the backlight on permanently.
There is an annoying delay to them such that a sweep of the hand is needed to see what is what in the dark.
Should imagine it only involves either cutting or shorting somes wires but get it wrong and the keys might become shrapnel.

Nathal
February 7th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Trust Led illumination
http://www.trust.com/products/product.aspx?artnr=17377

Love it :)

G_Ajith_Kumar
February 10th, 2014, 10:25 AM
i use the laptop keyboard on HP Presario C 301.. basic but good :)

SuperFreak
February 11th, 2014, 03:29 AM
Anyone have this working with Ubuntu " Thermaltake TT eSports Poseidon Illuminated – Brown Switch Edition USB Full Backlight "?

Or are most of the mechanical keyboards incompatible

Just bought this on the chance it would work. It works great and has an adjustable backlight for keys. Bought it for $89 which is quite good for a mechanical keyboard I think

mattlach
February 11th, 2014, 06:45 AM
IMHO, there is only one type if keyboard worth using, and that is keyboards based on the IBM buckling spring, like the Model M. These days only Unicomp makes them, I think.

I have previously used the basic Lexmark era IBM Branded Model M:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2648/3978720980_74b128759b_z.jpg

A black Model M13 Trackpoint II:

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4124/5091177536_a2068d1217_z.jpg

And currently a Unicomp model:

http://pckeyboard.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/Classic104%20black1000x1000.jpg

A keyboard with mechanical switches (usually clicky, but not always) is definitely a must for me, but I have tried keyboards with other (Cherry MX, Alps, etc.) switches out there, and while some may be fine for gaming, nothing beats a true buckling spring Model M for typing.

Once you get used to one, there is no going back.

fugu2
February 14th, 2014, 01:04 AM
I

Innerbreed121
February 16th, 2014, 03:21 PM
link (http://www.openurls.org/)

kostkon
February 16th, 2014, 04:39 PM
At the moment, this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0064M436A/).

sisco311
February 16th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Genius SlimStar i815 (http://www.geniusnet.com/wSite/ct?xItem=16614&ctNode=137).

mmf2
February 17th, 2014, 09:18 PM
I use the one with my laptop. However, as soon as I buy a desktop, I plan to buy a mechanical keyboard.

sandyd
February 17th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Mobile - Magic Cube (http://www.amazon.com/Celluon-Magic-Laser-Projection-Keyboard/dp/B005ES6E6W)
Desktop - DAS Model S Ultimate (http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-ultimate/#/awesome-products)

laurencebasham
February 19th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Im just using a standard wired Logitech with the media buttons at the top. Nothing special :D

Joe_Ciaravino
February 22nd, 2014, 04:07 PM
Solid Tek.

It's black.

It's wired.

It has been going strong for more than 10 years now.

Sorry for these posts but I want to fix my profile settings and need 10 posts in order to do so.

This should be #10

ibjsb4
February 22nd, 2014, 04:32 PM
Dell keyboard right now, its whatever I find at garage sales.

@Joe_C

Thanks for the laugh :)

Iowan
February 22nd, 2014, 04:35 PM
Rubber. Causes me no end of typos... At least I have something else to blame...

@Joe_Ciaravino:
Nice try, but posts in Cafe don't increase your bean count...

knpoe
February 23rd, 2014, 07:31 PM
macbook keyboard or leopold with cherryMX brown switches

TheHesser
February 25th, 2014, 03:01 PM
1. Built-in keyboard of my laptop
2. Dell supplied keyboard with the computer

mekon2
February 27th, 2014, 11:36 PM
I'm using a scruffy Dell keyboard that was being thrown out at work. Some of the keys are faded so I've been thinking of upgrading to the Logitech K400 as it is wireless and my Ubuntu machine is connected to the TV. Not sure if it will be a bit small though as I like full size keyboards.