PDA

View Full Version : Faenza icons in Unity (minus the panel)

meijin3
November 5th, 2012, 02:20 AM
I love the Faenza icon set so much--just not what they've got going on in the panel. I much prefer the original Unity icons in that respect. Is there anything I can do to make this happen?

http://i.imgur.com/UeXuA.jpg

Derek Karpinski
November 5th, 2012, 03:47 AM
install 'my unity' or 'ubuntu tweak' and change the theme to Faenza Ambience.

That should fix the panel icons.

meijin3
November 5th, 2012, 05:08 AM
install 'my unity' or 'ubuntu tweak' and change the theme to Faenza Ambience.

That should fix the panel icons.

Unfortunately, it still looks exactly the same :/

meijin3
November 6th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Any more ideas? I was wondering if I could edit some files somewhere.

Derek Karpinski
November 9th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Is it the color of the icons you're not happy with? If you chose 'Faenza Ambience' they wouldn't be black like that.

If it's the style of icons, I'm sure there are ways to 'mix and match', but I don't know how. I imagine it involves copying actual icons from one folder to another.

After setting to 'Faenza Amibience', did you restart, or at least log out and back in?

meijin3
November 12th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I was looking more to "mix and match". I'll look into putting the panel icons I want from Ubuntu Mono Dark into the Faenza Ambiance theme.

Frogs Hair
November 12th, 2012, 06:07 PM
The default Ubuntu icons are in File System usr/share/icons, but they use a different format than Faenza. I don't know if what you would like to do is easily done. Making changes to folders in the root file system will require root permissions. The Faenza icons may reside in the same folder depending on where they were installed.