PDA

View Full Version : I'm Designing Program In C++ For Ubuntu But Have Queastions.

nathansuchy
November 4th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Ok this is my first time on the Ubuntu Forums and I really like them so far I was able to signup with my launchpad account that was really helpful. I'm not going to spam you with a link to my forums on Android (the android forum moderators hate me for that :D) because I truly need help and don't want to be labeled as a spammer. I really like Ubuntu's integration with major websites such as yahoo and twitter.

My program is a social network client that I am designing to meet my needs and I just started learning about programing and I am a Ubuntu user so I am designing it for Ubuntu (I will put it on the Software Center for free and it will be open source the source code is on GitHub (https://github.com/nathansuchy/Social--)).

While doing some research online I read Qt 4 Designer can help me design an interface for my program and this question might seem stupid but how do I link the dot "ui" file to my program index.cpp (I am writing my program in C++). I don't have any code just a simple hello world type program. Can anyone help me get started and answer my queastions?

RLDr
November 4th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Can anyone help me get started
Download and install Qt Creator 2.4 from Ubuntu software center. After installing, open Qt Creator and go to the "Demos and Examples" section. Qt Creator has inbuilt excellent help system. In "Demos and Examples" section you will find various useful information to get started. EnJoY

nathansuchy
November 4th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Download and install Qt Creator 2.4 from Ubuntu software center. After installing, open Qt Creator and go to the "Demos and Examples" section. Qt Creator has inbuilt excellent help system. In "Demos and Examples" section you will find various useful information to get started. EnJoY

Thanks I will do that. I use my phone's tether for internet access so I hope the download is worth it.