PDA

View Full Version : Interesting look at DRM (in games at least)

MadmanRB
November 3rd, 2012, 06:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjEbpMgiL7U

I found this interesting, and while not covering every last DRM method it does feature some crazy ones from the past

Jakin
November 3rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
I must have "hurt feelings, or insulted mothers" of my floppies- because many sure failed for no apparent reason.

On another note; At the end of that video said something about the DRM for the new SimCity 2013, which i want. Sure, im going to buy it- but i don't have an insanely fast internet connection... gonna suck if its dependent on that.

pqwoerituytrueiwoq
November 3rd, 2012, 12:29 PM
bet the always connected really sucks with low limit data Internet service and you get a massive bill come in for overages

Erik1984
November 3rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
I must have "hurt feelings, or insulted mothers" of my floppies- because many sure failed for no apparent reason.

On another note; At the end of that video said something about the DRM for the new SimCity 2013, which i want. Sure, im going to buy it- but i don't have an insanely fast internet connection... gonna suck if its dependent on that.

I'm in the same position, or maybe worse, I likely need an entirely new PC if I even want to be able to run SC2013 :P I hope EA follows the example of Ubisoft, they have removed some of their 'always online' DRM after finding out how their customers (those people that enable the existence of your business) hate it.