PDA

View Full Version : Indi F1 GP ?

mips
July 3rd, 2006, 12:10 AM
I see the stands are emptier than last time. Nice to see people voting with their wallets.

Thanks to Montoya for taking out halve the pack, I really hope he does not get another ride in F1, apparently his manager is working hard to find him a ride.

The broadcast seems to be a crappy NTSC feed, why ? Do the people in europe also get the lower resolution NTSC feed ? We have the same problem with USPGA feeds. Just wondering ?

MikePnKY
July 3rd, 2006, 01:05 AM
I haven't given it the least bit of attention this year. Indianapolis is only a few hours from here, and I went to last years GP. Because of all the new "homeland security" rules, we couldn't take our coolers into the stands, we had to buy refreshments there, which costs an outlandish amount of money. Then, after waiting all that time, they actually pretended to race with five or six cars. I don't remember how many exactly, because I was busy leaving in disgust. This year, I haven't even followed it in the news.

Engnome
July 3rd, 2006, 02:46 AM
:confused:

MikePnKY
July 3rd, 2006, 03:22 AM
:confused:

:D Sorry Engnome...we're talking about the Formula 1 Grand Prix race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indiana, USA. Last year, the Michellin teams had tire issues that withdrew 3/4 of the racing cars. It was a bit of a fiasco, and apparently, the fans here still remember that, as not very many attended....I stayed home this year myself.

Johnsie
July 3rd, 2006, 04:20 AM
I worked under the stands at the Speedway when I was living over in the US a few years ago.... Americans dont follow F1 because things like nascar already hae a big following over there. The other reason is that a lot of people in Indiana look down on Europeans because many people in Inidiana have this idea in their heads that America is better than everyone else. That's mainly caused by schools, the press and excessive patriotism. Since 9/11 and the Iraq war especially many Americans are also distrustful of foriegners, especially people in Bush supporting states like Indiana. This is mainly because they've recieved a lot of criticism from abroad. The number of Mexicans coming into the US may also be a factor. Mexicans and Canadians are probably the most common "foriegners" in the US. Many Americans dislike the number of Mexicans coming in and they also have rivalry issues with Canada. So for many people living in Indiana their only experiences with foriegners have been bad ones. The last GP in Indy was a total flop and that did nothing to make the people there think any good of the Europeans. Another problem for the Americans is that the Internet makes it a lot easier for foriegners to challenge them and to point out their flaws. They haven't really learnt how to deal with that yet.

Uhhh.... I just wanna say that I have nothing against Americans, in fact I still have a lot of friends there. I'm just giving my honest opinion of how I saw things when I was over there. Those things dont apply to everyone there. There are good and bad people everywhere.