PDA

View Full Version : Is there an idiots guide to making ubuntu 12.10 look pretty ?

dark mavis
October 31st, 2012, 05:38 PM
hi i've been using ubuntu for a few months now and it works great, but it doesn't look pretty enough for me, i've had a look at the ornery october screenshot thread and there seems to be some ace desktops in there, i'm just not sure how to do stuff like that, i just want a few widgety things like an htc style clock, weather reports, a twitter feed and move the toolbar thing to the bottom of the screen, if somebody could point me in the direction of a guide that would be ace

thanks

chris s

vasa1
October 31st, 2012, 05:54 PM
Be careful ;) You're going to get sucked in. Highly addictive stuff. At least for the first few months (or years).

philinux
October 31st, 2012, 06:43 PM
hi i've been using ubuntu for a few months now and it works great, but it doesn't look pretty enough for me, i've had a look at the ornery october screenshot thread and there seems to be some ace desktops in there, i'm just not sure how to do stuff like that, i just want a few widgety things like an htc style clock, weather reports, a twitter feed and move the toolbar thing to the bottom of the screen, if somebody could point me in the direction of a guide that would be ace

thanks

chris s

Thread moved to Desktop Environments. Moving the Unity Launcher "toolbar thing" is the one that is not possible. Replacing it with another Desktop Environment is.