PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween Everyone

ki4jgt
October 31st, 2012, 06:30 AM
Happy Halloween everyone. 0030 here.

lisati
October 31st, 2012, 06:53 AM
We've had our first (and possibly only) callers, and it's nowhere near dark yet! Mrs Lisati told them "where to go" :wink: - maybe its just as well most of the local youngsters don't really go for the "trick" part.

kow777
October 31st, 2012, 07:51 AM
Watching Friday the 13th Part 2 here to start it off!

ki4jgt
October 31st, 2012, 08:35 AM
We just finished Texas Chainsaw Masacre.

Statia
October 31st, 2012, 09:08 AM
What is this Halloween you speak of?

Erik1984
October 31st, 2012, 10:51 AM
Happy Halloween to those who celebrate it.

lisati
October 31st, 2012, 10:53 AM
What is this Halloween you speak of?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

ratcheer
October 31st, 2012, 01:09 PM
Halloween FTW! It's been my favorite holiday since I was a little kid. I'm 61, now.

Tim

Statia
October 31st, 2012, 01:27 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

Thanks. :-)
I know what Halloween is, my post was just a subtle little reminder that Halloween is not celebrated much outside the Anglo-Saxon cultures. Maybe I was too subtle ;-)

IWantFroyo
October 31st, 2012, 01:31 PM
Halloween! Yay! Now I get to quietly eat the candy I bought with the intent of feeding to small children!

zombifier25
October 31st, 2012, 01:32 PM
I know what Halloween is, my post was just a subtle little reminder that Halloween is not celebrated much outside the Anglo-Saxon cultures. Maybe I was too subtle ;-)

Indeed.

Though, to keep with the spirit I changed my avatar to the Halloween version.

Erik1984
October 31st, 2012, 01:58 PM

That's starting to change (at least in some places). I see more and more Halloween stuff in my country each year despite we have no Halloween tradition. It's just too tempting for stores not too sell extra stuff in an otherwise quiet period.

nothingspecial
October 31st, 2012, 02:02 PM
Only 3 more pumpkins left to carve

ki4jgt
October 31st, 2012, 02:14 PM
That's starting to change (at least in some places). I see more and more Halloween stuff in my country each year despite we have no Halloween tradition. It's just too tempting for stores not too sell extra stuff in an otherwise quiet period.

Let's hope all the traditions don't come over with it. In the US at least we egg people's cars and houses. We also toilet paper them and set hay fields on fire. For some reason, halloween brings out the worst in some people.

Megaptera
October 31st, 2012, 02:58 PM
Some Halloween thoughts:

Halloween is the by far the safest day to kill a person and leave them in a chair on your porch.

The best part about Halloween is that people think the screams coming from our house are "part of the fun."

zombifier25
October 31st, 2012, 03:02 PM
Fun fact about Halloween: There is almost none reported case of children being poisoned by candies by strangers on Halloween, but there are cases of parents poisoning their own child. So disregard everything your parents said, take some candy from that suspiciously looking neighbour you never talked to in your life at the end of the street. The chance of being murdered by your own parents is much much higher :)

ratcheer
October 31st, 2012, 03:13 PM
Fun fact about Halloween: There is almost none reported case of children being poisoned by candies by strangers on Halloween, but there are cases of parents poisoning their own child. So disregard everything your parents said, take some candy from that suspiciously looking neighbour you never talked to in your life at the end of the street. The chance of being murdered by your own parents is much much higher :)

That is such a comforting thought.

Tim

Frogs Hair
October 31st, 2012, 03:43 PM
Happy Samhain . I remember an urban legend about razor blades in apples before candy became a common treat . Next Christmas Halloween generates the most revenue in the U.S.

backlink beaver
October 31st, 2012, 03:57 PM
happy halloween everyone. 0030 here.

happy halloween!!

Linuxratty
October 31st, 2012, 05:09 PM
Halloween FTW! It's been my favorite holiday since I was a little kid. I'm 61, now.

Tim

I enjoy it as well...We don't get trick or treaters anymore though.

johnnybgoode83
October 31st, 2012, 05:13 PM
I hate Halloween. It is the ultimate non holiday.

philinux
October 31st, 2012, 05:16 PM
I'm off out at 6pm to the pub for some grub.

They can knock but there'll be no one home. :P

Elfy
October 31st, 2012, 08:06 PM
They knock here and there is someone home. Knocking doesn't get them very far.

jockyburns
October 31st, 2012, 11:42 PM
As a Scot , living in England, I was surprised when I moved here in the 60's that they (the English) didn't celebrate Halloween at the time. Back home we didn't call it "Trick or Treat" but it was known as "Guising" and I'd been guising for at least 7 of my 10 yrs on earth at the time. I remember "Dookin" for apples on Halloween and turnip lanterns (took hours to hollow out, unlike pumpkins). We had to do a party piece, sing a song or recite a Burns poem, or do a wee dance, before being rewarded with sweeties (or if ye were lucky, a thruppeny bit).
My how times have changed.

Happy Halloween :):)