PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Feedback or New Viewers

daslinkard
October 31st, 2012, 12:04 AM
Folks,

I've been toying around with a blogging site for a while now and wanted to throw it out there for anyone to look at if you'd like...mostly I'm interested in feedback and getting frequent viewers.

Here is the living linux (http://livinglinux.wordpress.com) blogging site address. I hope you enjoy it and look forward to your feedback.

drmrgd
October 31st, 2012, 01:33 AM
Looks pretty nice! I want to let you know that the link you posted is messed up, though. It points to the Ubuntu Forums homepage (I think there might have been a copy paste error when you posted it).

daslinkard
October 31st, 2012, 01:36 AM
Looks pretty nice! I want to let you know that the link you posted is messed up, though. It points to the Ubuntu Forums homepage (I think there might have been a copy paste error when you posted it).
Thank you for the link issue! Good catch and now corrected!

lisati
October 31st, 2012, 01:37 AM
I like what I've seen so far.

daslinkard
October 31st, 2012, 01:42 AM
I like what I've seen so far.
Thank you very much!!

maryna
November 7th, 2012, 12:17 PM
So far you did a great job! good insights

Linuxratty
November 7th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Yep. It looks good.

daslinkard
November 10th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Thank you!

daslinkard
November 10th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Yep. It looks good.

Thank you!

deadflowr
November 11th, 2012, 12:00 AM
I like that your posts are relatively short.

I actually find I read more if articles are concise.

Nice work so far.

Keep it up.

mJayk
November 11th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Looks good! Bookmarked.

I to attempted to switch to Fed after a few years of Deb / ubuntu use. Found it very nice to start off with but just hit a brick wall in terms of stuff I was actually able to do.

i.e. setup printers create scripts generally gettings things to worked required alot more hacking

So I'm back on Ubuntu, but I'd say I'm better off for the experience and would recommend at least give it a go, as with most Linux "stuff" how well the distro's work really do depend on what you do / what your hardware configuration is.

Cheers

Matt

daslinkard
November 13th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Looks good! Bookmarked.

I to attempted to switch to Fed after a few years of Deb / ubuntu use. Found it very nice to start off with but just hit a brick wall in terms of stuff I was actually able to do.

i.e. setup printers create scripts generally gettings things to worked required alot more hacking

So I'm back on Ubuntu, but I'd say I'm better off for the experience and would recommend at least give it a go, as with most Linux "stuff" how well the distro's work really do depend on what you do / what your hardware configuration is.

Cheers

Matt

Thanks for the comment! I agree with you as I begin to play with Fedora I am still drawn back to the love that I have for Ubuntu. I think it would be easier if I knew exactly where I wanted to go (what I would need the OS to do) as to whether or not I go to Fedora or Ubuntu.