PDA

View Full Version : VALVE (steam) started their survey for the 1000 users beta

Artemis3
October 27th, 2012, 06:46 AM
So run to this page to login in your steam account and fill their poll, then hope for the best...

http://www.valvesoftware.com/linuxsurvey.php

They will probably pick a diverse group according to hardware, it is implied that Ubuntu is the preferred distro.

sffvba[e0rt
October 27th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Stuck at work so I can't do this now :/

Jakin
October 27th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I took the survey, not getting my hopes up to be picked.

sffvba[e0rt
October 27th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I took the survey, not getting my hopes up to be picked.

/me wonders if we could enhance the chances of forum members if we created a thread about the beta test similarly to the U+1 thread where we could discuss and help troubleshoot the issues...

MikeCyber
October 27th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Signed up and crossing fingers. :popcorn:

newbie2
October 27th, 2012, 10:46 AM
if any Linux users at the UDS(Ubuntu Developer Summit) on Monday will get a sort of guaranteed access to the beta (definitely just throwing out a guess there, but it is something that happens often at events like this, so I would not be surprised if Valve were to give out guaranteed spots in the beta at the Summit).
http://thedroidguy.com/2012/10/steam-beta-for-linux-possibly-launching-at-uds-on-monday/
:popcorn:

drmrgd
October 27th, 2012, 04:05 PM
/me wonders if we could enhance the chances of forum members if we created a thread about the beta test similarly to the U+1 thread where we could discuss and help troubleshoot the issues...

Great idea! I've been so looking forward to this! I'm really hoping I get picked! Getting Steam and at least some of my games running under Ubuntu would be the final thing I need to completely ditch Windows once and for all.

Lightstar
October 27th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Woohoo!
Signed up

sffvba[e0rt
October 27th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Signed up... Now we wait...

Still waiting...

Still waiting...

*yawn*

graabein
October 27th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Slowly slowly goes the night...

Since Civilization V is available on Crapple, I expect it will be made available for Linux also. At least that's what I'm counting on...

8-[

cbennett926
October 27th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Slowly slowly goes the night...

Since Civilization V is available on Crapple, I expect it will be made available for Linux also. At least that's what I'm counting on...

8-[

Since the majority of it was written in Python I would imagine it wouldnt be too difficult to port it