PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Let me resize screen during installation please

fosinsight
October 25th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Hi, first of all I would like to thank those who has made Ubuntu what it is today :)I

Back to the point, I happen to get an old laptop w/ a small screen (11.6 inch. 1366x600 resolution)

I believe it's a netbook, or so they call it.

Anyways, I tried installing Ubuntu on it, and I had somewhat frustrating experience for the first time ever installing Ubuntu on any computer :(

I don't blame that the installation process had anything wrong since it was actually the weird screen resolution causing the problem.

But I would have liked it if only I had been able to resize windows during installation.
As you can see from my picture attached below, I never saw any buttons to do anything.

Guess how I installed Ubuntu? I googled for the screenshots for each step and pressed tab key several times after counting how many buttons I needed to skip lol.

It's in my home language, but I think you guys should see what I mean :)
As you see, the window bottom is not shown, and there are no buttons present for me to click on.

I only hope I could resize the windows so that I could actually click on buttons :)
Thanks for your attention.

Ubuntu is still wonderful :)

http://i47.tinypic.com/2s982kx.jpg

prinknash
October 25th, 2012, 10:25 AM
I've had the same problem on a netbook and solved it by pressing ALT-F7 then using the arrow keys to move the window around the screen until the confirmation buttons show.

p

mörgæs
October 25th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Changed the thread title. 'Resize windows' sounds too much like 'resize Windows'...

nothingspecial
October 25th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Hold down Alt, then use left click to grab the window anywhere in it and drag the window past the top of the screen to see the stuff at the bottom.