PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems upgrading to/installing Ubuntu 12.10

clinteas
October 25th, 2012, 04:28 AM
I was running 12.04 with Unity on an I7 with 16GB ram without any hassle. Decided to distro-upgrade to 12.10, installer did its thing, but after reboot, no grub menu, no nothing. So I burned the iso and did a fresh install instead, took forever, and after it finished, I had a grub menu, but booting stopped after a line of text saying "start ramdisk". So I reinstalled, this time it hung itself up when selecting a city, reinstalled again, that time hung on "copying installation logs". Reinstalled again, and that time it worked.
But now when I boot into the system I have no Unity, and my wireless keyboard and mouse are not working at all. I have never experienced any trouble like this with any Ubuntu distro before.
Any ideas on how to get the keyboard and mouse working? Does anyone have similar difficulties?
I used the Desktop iso with kernel 3.5.17.

flowerdealer
November 5th, 2012, 07:34 AM
I have exactly this same problem. 12.10 works in my laptop though, but not in my desktop, this is also the most horrible bug I've encountered in ubuntu, ever.

danelwillis
November 5th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I updated Ubuntu and it broke completely I just had to reinstall a fresh copy easy solution, well soft of.

yixiaxian
April 28th, 2013, 06:51 AM
I have the same problem except I'm installing 12.04 LTS. The installation first stucks at "where you are" then I reinstall and it stucks in the end with the message "copying installation logs". I'll try to install it again, hope I can finish installation this time!