PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No More Ubuntu 12-10 Revisited

jdrichardson
October 24th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Sorry about my rant from yesterday, but I was a little frustrated!

As I said yesterday, when things don't work right. it bugs me. So I reinstalled Ubuntu 12.10. and after more research, was able to install my desktop as I like it. My window buttons are still on the left side, but I can live with that until I find the answer to that problem.

Linux mint is a good distro, but I've been running ubuntu/kubuntu since distro 6.10. I'm beginning to like Unity, but if I want, can install MATE for 12.10 if I want that look.

The display graphics I think are part of color management. I will delve into that to optimize things there.

Again, sorry for the rant. It does appear, however, that Ubuntu releases have deteriorated

kherring7383
October 24th, 2012, 07:51 PM
jdrichardson,

Sorry to hear that you're frustrated, like you I too am a avid Mint user and really like how smooth it was to install and how great it works. Since a bounce back and forth between Ubuntu and Mint, I decided to give 12.10 a try to see if it's any better than the previous version and personally I wanted to gouge my eyes out when I tried the Beta. But thankfully the release installed pretty much the way I expected and ran into the same issues as I did with 12.04. I have an Nvidia card and that in itself presented problems but after installing the PPA and updating I was able to get the desired results. I've used 12.10 for about 3 days now and am still evaluating it and I too ran into the Window button on the left problem which you might be able to fix with info from this webpage.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/174292/how-can-i-move-all-the-window-controls-to-the-right

Good luck hope this works for you.

jdrichardson
October 25th, 2012, 02:47 AM
That worked. Thanks a lot for the help.