PDA

View Full Version : Native eclipse on Hoary?

cow_racer
March 18th, 2005, 05:17 PM
I read somewhere that the native version of eclipse will be shipped wih hoary? I am interested since I have a slow machine.

smallguy
May 1st, 2006, 11:39 PM
(sorry about this 'me too'-message, but me too, i would be interested to see native eclipse running on ubuntu. that's why i am bringing the subject to the top of the list again... )

so has anyone heard news about native eclipse being ported to debian/ubuntu?

some links for people wanting to know what this is all about:
* article by linuxjournal.com http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7413
* description on the 'classpath showcase' http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathShowcase

kaamos
May 2nd, 2006, 04:34 PM
You mean this?

$ apt-cache search eclipse | grep gcj
ecj-bootstrap-gcj - bootstrap version of the Eclipse Java compiler (native version)
eclipse-ecj-gcj - Native version of the Eclipse Java compiler
eclipse-jdt-gcj - Java Development Tools plug-ins for Eclipse (GCJ version)
eclipse-pde-gcj - Plug-in Development Environment to develop Eclipse plug-ins (GCJ version)
eclipse-platform-gcj - Eclipse platform without plug-ins to develop any language (GCJ version)
eclipse-rcp-gcj - Eclipse rich client platform (GCJ version)
libgcj6-src - libgcj java sources for use in eclipse

:)

macxek
May 2nd, 2006, 07:18 PM
Speaking of Eclipse, I installed it on my machine (running breezy) and it's dead slow! Anything I'd do takes up to a few seconds, including simply typing code... I don't understand what's going on, Eclipse is running lightning fast on Winxp. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

cabezon
August 10th, 2006, 05:08 AM
I got that some client application but its not working right after aptitude install form the breazy repositories.

Is it meant to be run using the gcj vm ?

Its not working for me, giving me this error on some log:

!MESSAGE Bundle update@plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64_3.1.1.jar [23] was not resolved.