PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Warning: installing Chrome Browser in 12.10

irv
October 22nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
I just moved up to 12.10 and was reinstalling my apps when I tried to install Google Chrome Browser and got this warning:
I was having some issues with it in 12.04, so I am not sure if I want to install it? I like the browser, but if it is really bad I won't use it. Anyone else having this problem?

vasa1
October 22nd, 2012, 05:25 PM
http://askubuntu.com/questions/203907/the-package-is-of-bad-quality-google-chrome

BTW, I installed Chrome on Lubuntu, 32-bit, and didn't get any warning.

critin
October 22nd, 2012, 05:31 PM
I just moved up to 12.10 and was reinstalling my apps when I tried to install Google Chrome Browser and got this warning:
I was having some issues with it in 12.04, so I am not sure if I want to install it? I like the browser, but if it is really bad I won't use it. Anyone else having this problem?

When I see this notice, I usually do not install, but not always. It may simply mean that chrome doesn't have the newest, compatible available yet for 12.10--wait a while. Or, installing may give no problems at all. It happens. You can always uninstall.

Searching on these forums will show if others are having the same issues, and if any are solved. Search 'Chrome problems' or such.

irv
October 22nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the replies, I went ahead and installed it. If I have problem I will just remove it. will mark solved.

doctor82
January 31st, 2013, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the replies, I went ahead and installed it. If I have problem I will just remove it. will mark solved.

I wonder if things went well for you. I'm going to do the same now.

doctor82
January 31st, 2013, 05:07 PM
As noted from this site (http://www.liberiangeek.net/2011/04/install-gdebi-package-installer-and-fix-the-package-is-of-bad-quality-error-in-ubuntu-11-04-natty-narwhal/) I installed gdebi package installer first. I opened the downloaded google chrome package using gdebi and things went smooth after the necessary dependencies were downloaded.