PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity Dash Home too small

thericeking
October 22nd, 2012, 01:17 AM
Hi everyone

I am interested in making the Ubuntu default Unity "Dash Home" bigger. My monitor has plenty of space to have this window much bigger but for some reason it just opens only 1/3 of my screen. This is really annoying because if forces me to scroll to look at all my applications.

The strange thing is that when I installed Ubuntu on my laptop the "Dash Home" opens fully taking my whole screen space which is what I want to happen but on my desktop.

Both my desktop and laptop are running Ubuntu 12.10 x64

You guys help will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you

Frogs Hair
October 22nd, 2012, 03:28 AM
That is strange , when I use the maximize button on the top left when dash is open it covers my monitor. It does not open maximized though . What size are the monitors ?

grahammechanical
October 22nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
I agree with Frogs Hair.

If I maximize the Dash and then close it, the Dash will open maximized the next time I open it. My monitor 20 inch.

mcduck
October 22nd, 2012, 03:06 PM
The default behaviour depends on your display resolution, on small resolutions the Dash menu opens at full screen by default, while on higher resolution displays the default setting is to open as a window.

Either way, simply clicking the maximize-button should do the trick if you want to change how the menu behaves on your computer.