PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Staggering *bluetooth* mouse in Quantal Quetzal

eltonw
October 21st, 2012, 08:01 PM
I did a fresh, clean install of 12.10 a day ago, on my Asus EEE 1000 PC and I keep getting various applications crashing.

My most troubling problem is that my bluetooth mouse would start 'staggering' or become 'jittery'.

Partitioning was done as follows:
/dev/sda: divided into sda1 (7.5 Gb) mount point: /
with the swap partition of 567 Mb at the end of the partition (surely that is adequate?)
/dev/sdb: is completely allocated as: /home.

By default, the mouse and pointer sensitivity are at the minimum.

FWIW: The problem is intermittent, but frequent enough that I often have to resort to using the touchpad which is / has always been much too sensitive. As such, I preferentially use a mouse.

I suspect it might be related to bluetooth. With a USB mouse,this does not occur, but I would rather use the bluetooth one, so that the USB ports available for other devices.

Is there some way to correct this?
TIA

Cheesemill
October 21st, 2012, 08:03 PM
Just to check, have you tried new batteries in your mouse?

zuccster
November 2nd, 2012, 01:27 AM
Same issue here. Bluetooth mouse behaves until suspend resume, then 'pauses' for ~0.5 secs every ~2 secs. Touchpad unaffected.

smurfzilla
February 13th, 2013, 09:12 PM
+1 to that - my logitech bluetooth travel mouse worked fine with old HP laptop and 12.04 (that had been upgraded from like 10 to 11 to 12) clean install of 12.10 on Elitebook 8570w has severe mouse "dragging" issues - mouse follows really slowly and then catches up and is ok and then just drags.

eltonw
May 11th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Just to check, have you tried new batteries in your mouse?
First of all my apology for such a long delay in replying. For some strange reason gmail is finding 'unread' emails here and there going back to DECEMBER 2012!. :confused:
THANK you and others for your comments. and YES, it does appear that if the battery is starting to fail, further clicks of the mouse buttons can cause the entire system to abend. (NOT tested or confirmed in Ubuntu 13.04, however)