PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnome Shell Extensions Error

faustus34
October 20th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I recently upgraded 4 machines to Ubuntu 12.10. 1 machine is 32 bit, the 3 others are 64 bit. On two of the 64 bit machines I am getting this error when visiting the Gnome Extensions.org website which worked fine before the upgrade:

"You do not appear to have an up to date version of GNOME 3. You won't be able to install extensions from here. See the about page for more information."

I am using Firefox on all machines. I have deleted all extensions from both .local/share/gnome-shell/extensions and /usr/local/gnome-shell/extensions and this did not fix the issue.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? I've read about resetting all of my gnome settings but I'd rather not do that as it is a bit drastic and some people have confirmed that it didn't work anyway.

Thanks

EDIT - I got my extensions working by using an alternate profile in firefox:

open a terminal and type: firefox -P and then create an alternate profile and use that to install the extensions.

It's odd that my default profile is causing that issue on two machines. If anyone has a more specific answer, please let me know. I will continue to look into it.

pedro.nariyoshi
October 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
I'm having the same problem. Did you file a bug report?