PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Main Differences Between Kubuntu 12.04 and 12.10?

teejay17
October 20th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I have installed Kubuntu 12.10 and I really like it. I'm just curious what the differences are between 12.10 and 12.04?
For example, I'm thinking of installing Kubuntu on a few other laptops around the house, and like the idea of LTS for these machines, but I am hesitant to do so if 12.04 is not as nice, or is much different, from what I am experiencing with 12.10.

zombifier25
October 20th, 2012, 03:13 PM
The release notes (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseNotes/Kubuntu).

grusty
October 23rd, 2012, 08:08 PM
I have a netbook Lenovo S10-2. Everybody know that KDE use a lot of memory. But. Now KDE (Kubuntu) have a file called "kubuntu-low-fat-settings". this file turn off many services that take a lot of memory and most users don't use it.

Too, KDE have a desktop designed specially for tiny netbook screens. Is great and very beautiful. I don't know why is unknow it.

Look images of Kubuntu netbook plasma (or kde netbook plasma) at web and see what i talking about.

Then if you decide install it, at your first session, open Muon Software center and install kubuntu-low-fat-settings. And restart.

You will be a very beautiful, fast and efficient environment for netbook. The best desktop for netbooks.

At my desktop i don't use Ubuntu/Unity because is to slow (AMD sempron is my chip)

Good luck.