PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Xubuntu 12.10 No Install Video: Intel DN2800MT: gma500_gfx

dealcorn
October 19th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I downloaded xubuntu-12.10-desktop-i386.iso and the md5sum checks. Whether I install from a cd or flash drive I get a black screen and am not able to do anything. The motherboard is an Intel DN2800MT so I think the driver should be gma500_gfx. I have tried both the VGA and HDMI video out and the answer is always black screen. My BIOS was last updated about 2 months ago.

I get the same result with the amd64 iso which is my preferred installation.

My understanding is that this driver is supposed to work on this hardware with no boot parameter. Is there a fix?

Alex976
October 21st, 2012, 02:49 PM
I have exactly the same problem. I use the DN2800MT board, too.

I started Ubuntu 12.10 from an USB-stick, and I got a black screen with a blinking cursor on the top left.

When I open the menu of my monitor, it shows, that the screen has the correct resolution of 1920x1080.

When I press the power button of the computer, some text output appears on the screen which shows that the system is shutting down. So the operating system seems to work but it doesn't start the GUI. What can be the problem?

I hoped, that Ubuntu 12.10 finally supports Cedar Trail, but it seems, that there are still problems with it...