PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 12.10 webapps problem

moribashi
October 19th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Hi

I wanted to try Ubuntus new feature - webapps. If I visit Youtube of Gmail it offers me to install a webapp, but after clicking "install" nothing happens and I can't find installed app anywhere. I also tried to install those apps from Ubuntu Software Center and it shows me that app is installed (with little green checkmark), but still nothing - can't find app...

Can anyone help me please?

wojox
October 19th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Should be in the envelope
http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/image255.png

moribashi
October 19th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Nope. I can't see them in the envelope either...

xterm
October 19th, 2012, 11:31 AM
I have the same problem!

I have added (agread to 'integrate') On
Facebook
Gmail
Google calendar
Youtube

None of them shows up in Unity Menu or is searchable in HUD. Envelope only shows Gwibber and Emphaty. No gmail, no facebook etc... Facebook messages shows in global message menu. But that's it.

I have added accounts in system settings-> online account.

Can you check what 'integrations' you have agread to anyware?

moribashi
October 19th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I tried adding Gmail, GoogleDocs, GoogleClaendar and Youtube. They are nowhere to be found...

I haven't added online accounts. Should I do that?

xterm
October 19th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I haven't added online accounts. Should I do that?

It did not help me. I have added both to online accounts and by visiting sites with firefox and "agree to integrate" but still have no features in unity towards facebook or gmail etc

edm1
October 19th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I am experiencing the same problem. Can someone confirm that webapps is definitely supposed to work by default in 12.10? I will make a bug report if it is.

FreedomOverdose
October 20th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Same here... no idea what's going on!

moribashi
October 20th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I have this problem on my laptop, so I decided to test it out also on virtual machine - same problem. Is there anyone who has this feature working as it should?

mexlinux
October 21st, 2012, 04:14 AM
Bug Report here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webapps-applications/+bug/1068662

amr-maro
October 21st, 2012, 10:01 AM
Has anyone tried to restart their sessions? Log out then back in. They are working fine with me.

xterm
October 22nd, 2012, 02:07 PM
Has anyone tried to restart their sessions? Log out then back in. They are working fine with me.

I tried both restart session and reboot computor. Still no luck. I want to point out that I have klicked "integrate" when browser asked me if I wanted it with all webbsites.

So The problem should not be a plugin to chronium/firefox. That plugin works.

I have no integration to HUD, "envelope" or Unity menu though

Ronalds
December 29th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Same problem here.