PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Title bar when maximized in Unity

jolindbe
October 15th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Hi all,

I've just gone from 10.04 to 12.04, and I seem to be able to cope with most new things in Unity - in some cases by modifying it to the way I am used to. I've already put the min-max-close buttons to the right and moved the menu bar back to each window. One thing that I have not been able to fix is that the window title bar (or whatever it is called) is merged with the activity whenever a window is maximized. Is it possible to get it on a separate row, so that it does not change when another window has priority?

Example on why I would like this behaviour: I have a script opened in a text editor (e.g. Geany), this window is maximized. I open a terminal to run the script. If I don't remember where the script is located, I can easily see this in the title bar of Geany - if it wasn't for this now being the title bar of the (non-maximized) terminal window. So I have to alt-tab back and forth if it is a long path...

Can I get this back to "normal" without going completely back to gnome (which I guess is the last resort)?