PDA

View Full Version : conspiracy?

GolanTrevize
October 15th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Hi there,
Linux is great and thanks to ubuntu a great experiance also on desktops, laptops, netbooks a.s.o.

I'm totally aware, that this is nothing which is respected from the windows part of the world.

But at the moment I wonder, what is going on, on the so-called professional site of the IT-versum:

I can not buy any Ubuntu - pre installed Laptops any more, as I already did. If they sell Linux-Laptops, then they sell it based on Microsoft-Linux (Suse) or this chinese distri. (not that I am not able to install it myself, but to get an installed system is also quite nice)

Every big vendor just approves windows 7 for his laptops.

Amazon delivers empty amz-files to linux users (esp. annoying, because the whole amazon infrastructure bases on linux)

A German ministery tries to remove already installed OSS from their systems.

Intel anounces to produce hardware explicitely excluding Linux

Then this awesome booting- debate...

Is there something behind the scenes, which I don't got yet?
Has anybody similar experiences?

Is it just my personal paranoia or is there something bigger working than the alltime-favourite MS-FUD?

Golan

ALinuxWindowsBalance
October 15th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Hi there,
Linux is great and thanks to ubuntu a great experiance also on desktops, laptops, netbooks a.s.o.

I'm totally aware, that this is nothing which is respected from the windows part of the world.

But at the moment I wonder, what is going on, on the so-called professional site of the IT-versum:

I can not buy any Ubuntu - pre installed Laptops any more, as I already did. If they sell Linux-Laptops, then they sell it based on Microsoft-Linux (Suse) or this chinese distri. (not that I am not able to install it myself, but to get an installed system is also quite nice)

Every big vendor just approves windows 7 for his laptops.

Amazon delivers empty amz-files to linux users (esp. annoying, because the whole amazon infrastructure bases on linux)

A German ministery tries to remove already installed OSS from their systems.

Intel anounces to produce hardware explicitely excluding Linux

Then this awesome booting- debate...

Is there something behind the scenes, which I don't got yet?
Has anybody similar experiences?

Is it just my personal paranoia or is there something bigger working than the alltime-favourite M$-FUD?

Golan

Welcome to the bitter rivalry of MS-DOS and UNIX. Ever since Windows 1.0, UNIX and DOS have been shooting each other with incompatibility, and PR Smackdowns.
This isn't just Linux, you see. It's Apple, too. But Apple has a Trillion or so dollars to throw at Bill Gates. They are trying to squeeze us out. As a good Linuxian, you should grab your .sh gun and shoot in the direction of Wi*****. Convert your local library to Linux. Spread the word.

Write to your politician, and convert him, too.
I mean, what do you want me to say? I'm all angry now. rawr.

grahammechanical
October 15th, 2012, 01:40 PM
It is just business. That is all. Squeeze out the competition.

If you and I and everyone else using Linux were to pay a couple of hundred dollars to a Linux distributor for a licence to use the OS, then Linux distributors could offer to pay a vendor's advertising bills to advertise a product with Linux pre-installed. These vendors might then offer Linux computers and advertise them.

You really should provide proof of the claims that you are making.

then they sell it based on Microsoft-Linux (Suse)

Proof, please. Is it this:

https://www.suse.com/

It's the only Linux recommended by VMware, Microsoft and SAP.

So, what do you think about this?

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/date/2012/06

What will you do if one day Microsoft recommends Ubuntu as being a Linux distribution that works well with Microsoft Azure IAAS? Will you claim that Ubuntu is Microsoft-Linux?

What is wrong with a government Ministry or a corporation insisting that employees do not install other operating systems on their machines? If I owned a business I would severly limit what I would allow my employees to install on my machines. I would limit what they could use my machines for. This would be my right as the employer and my responsibility under legislation.

Regards.

sffvba[e0rt
October 15th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Try http://zareason.com/shop/home.php?cat= or https://www.system76.com/

Linuxratty
October 15th, 2012, 11:47 PM
And this:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/10/2-new-asus-new-windows-8-laptops-available-with-ubuntu

GolanTrevize
October 16th, 2012, 10:38 AM
nice links - thx; was searching the german market only.

what really annoyed me, was the empty-amz-files from amazon and the intel announcement, which is no "not supported" but a "get away" from companies that are not associated with the operating system directly.

mörgæs
October 16th, 2012, 11:38 AM
(Let's hope that this thread does not attract the usual posts which deliver no contents of value, only sarcasm).

Redzky
October 18th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Welcome to the bitter rivalry of MS-DOS and UNIX. Ever since Windows 1.0, UNIX and DOS have been shooting each other with incompatibility, and PR Smackdowns.
This isn't just Linux, you see. It's Apple, too. But Apple has a Trillion or so dollars to throw at Bill Gates. They are trying to squeeze us out. As a good Linuxian, you should grab your .sh gun and shoot in the direction of Wi*****. Convert your local library to Linux. Spread the word.

Write to your politician, and convert him, too.
I mean, what do you want me to say? I'm all angry now. rawr.

Hah, I totally agree. It's all a matter of politics and there is clearly a conspiracy.