PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Window Bar Missing in 12.04

AnthonyReid99
October 15th, 2012, 02:01 AM
I recently bought a new Nvidia graphics card and a second monitor. I got it all set up and it worked totally fine. Today, I upgraded the RAM in my computer, which obviously involved restarting it. Oh, and I installed some updates before restarting. The dual monitor settings were messed up when the computer booted up again (which didn't surprise me much, I had forgotten to save them last time), so I played around until I got everything to work again. The monitors are set up correctly, but now my windows are missing their border and title bar. Also worth noting, alt-clicking the window no longer works, and the icons in Libreoffice are colored very strangely. None of these problems were present before I restarted to upgrade the ram. The "Window Decoration" setting is indeed enabled in compiz settings. "metacity --replace" solves the problem, but causes the system task bar and launcher to disappear. "unity --replace" causes it to revert back to how it was, with a working task bar and launcher but no window bars.