PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Customize ubuntu in easily way with MyUnity

aabed91
October 14th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Hi all,

MyUnity is an easily way to customize you Ubuntu.

you can change launcher style.
Change system fonts
and other amazing things

To Download this tool open the terminal and type:

sudo apt-get install myunity

enjoy it.

exploder
October 14th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Funny I saw this post. I just put MyUnity on my main machine yesterday to make 12.04s launcher look like the one in 12.10. !2.04 works better on my desktop with NVidea graphics but 12.10 works better on my HP laptop with ATI discrete graphics. I like the little changes to Unity that make 12.10 look more polished and I wanted the same look for 12.04. MyUnity made the launcher look much better and I made the top panel semi-transparent, I was real happy with the finished system. Also, MyUnity was considered stable enough to add to the default repos so it seemed worthwhile to me to give it a try and I was not disappointed.

AlanR8
October 14th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Can't find MyUnity in 12.10....

aabed91
October 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Can't find MyUnity in 12.10....

you can download it manually from here:
https://launchpad.net/myunity

bbemmerful
October 14th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I was using advanced settings and seen this My unity works great simple to change themes and icons and tweak top bar.

DarkAmbient
October 14th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Ubuntu Tweak works in 12.10

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak

exploder
October 14th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I guess I need to look at Ubuntu Tweak for 12.10 and see what kind of options it would give me in 12.10. MyUnity gives me the options I want for 12.04 but there are a couple of things in 12.10 I would like to be able to customize. I don't do a lot of customizing but after looking through the screenshots thread I was inspired to go for a little bit more of a custom look.

stanbx
October 14th, 2012, 04:07 PM
*Edit: My apologies I am thinking I put this in the wrong place... I created a new thread and apologize for any confusion this might have caused.

I just downloaded this program in the hopes that it would allow me to change the icon order of my launcher. It did not seem to offer this ability though...

I used to be able to just drag an icon off the launcher and reinsert it at a different point, but this is no longer the case.

Can anyone offer a solution to this problem? It is so annoying that each new icon I add is added to the end of the launcher!

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and it is fully updated.

Thanks,

S