PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem after installing

Senger
October 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Hi

I have just installed Ubuntu 12.04 on my computer but it has a problem when starting.

I have installed it before (using the same CD) and it run properly, but now, when starting Ubuntu it doesnīt load and the screen is like moved:

http://ubuntuone.com/660Tvx3eqxlLD46M3tS6Kx

Itīs divided in the middle and when moving mouse rightward it reapears at the left side, and the "end" of the sides of the screen is in the midle...

It does nothing more than whatīs in the image.

Any ideas? I will try to install it using a pen drive to see if the CD is broken.

PD: Sorry about my english, Iīm from Argentina and donīt use it so much :) If there is any part of the forum with spanish talking users it will be helpfull for me :)

New information:
It loads, but after 10 minutes about. And here is a "cam screenshot"

[IMG]http://ubuntuone.com/0ihn8BtVsa6bSUlDAxgRm6

Bashing-om
October 13th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Senger; Hi !

Looks to be a graphics issue.
What results from booting with the "recovery" option in the grub menu ?

Maybe as simple as updating the graphics driver ?

hth <== BDQ

Senger
October 14th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Senger; Hi !

Looks to be a graphics issue.
What results from booting with the "recovery" option in the grub menu ?

Maybe as simple as updating the graphics driver ?

hth <== BDQ

The grub menu isnīt shown... When I turn it on, it says "loading operating system", then jumps directly to a violet screen, and then it starts to "load", and if you wait about ten minutes, apears what is in the second image.

Lyfang
October 14th, 2012, 12:59 AM
What happens when you press <Ctrl><Alt><F1> and <Ctrl><Alt><F7>?

Senger
October 14th, 2012, 01:51 PM
What happens when you press <Ctrl><Alt><F1> and <Ctrl><Alt><F7>?

In wich moment?

The grub menu is not shown. In one of the times I have reset the PC (only in one), the grub menu appeared and I select to start in "normal mode". Ubuntu started ok and it was working very well. Then I reset the PC to see what happend and it went bad again...

Now I have downloaded again the image of Ubuntu 12.04 and used a pen drive to install it again, but the problem persists...

The problem is solved! I don't know what I did, but it's working very well :)

Bashing-om
October 14th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Great !
Alls well that ends well <==BDQ