PDA

View Full Version : My dream: to someday turn off my computer and turn it back on...

jgr007
October 13th, 2012, 12:30 PM
...and have my monitor wake up! Someday, somehow, I know a miracle will happen and I'll be able to power my machine off and then turn it back on a single time and have my monitor wake up instead of having to turn on/off my computer 20 times and hope to "get lucky".

But, I dream...

Wim Sturkenboom
October 13th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Time to try something else :) Crunchbang maybe (to keep it in the Debian family).

I've also posted in your other thread ;)

oldos2er
October 13th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Doesn't appear to be a support request; moved to Community Cafe.

Porcini M.
October 13th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Works all the time in WIndows 7. :D

Erik1984
October 13th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I sometimes dream about shutting down my computer forever :p Just read one more little thread on Ubuntuforums and then I turn it off.

Jakin
October 13th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Have they stopped making power supplies inside desktop systems, that allowed you to plug in the monitor (and then run all power from the outlet to the power supply)??

Also power management like this should be controlled on BIOS level, rather than OS level (in my opinion).

Some monitors/ hdtv's when connected to vga will auto power off and on with the computer vga signal. I know my VIZIO will... i don't think that is linked to OS or BIOS.