PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity brightness options, screen turn off inactive time, suspend and lock screen

Actique
October 12th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I would like to adjust screen brightness on my laptop according to whether or not it's recharging. For example set brightness to 80% when plugged in on a power supply and to set brightness to ~0-5% when no power supply is detected. I didn't find any GUI for this and I'm unfamiliar with options that lie undernearth Unity GUI.

Also on my desktop the screen off when inactive for certain time is giving me inadequate options. I would like to turn the screen off and lock the interface when I'm going away for a longer time (say more than 4 hours). I can easily focus on something else for more than one hour and then require instant access to PC when I need to google something so in my opinion these options are too short.

Third problem that I have is that when I close the lid of my laptop and the laptop goes to suspend it shows for a blink of a second the old session without asking the password. I find this a security problem and I would like to have a script where closing the lid would first lock the laptop and after that go to suspend.

So there you have it. Three problems that I couldn't fix myself and I'm looking for some ideas how to address them.

1. No option for changing brightness according to power supply status
2. Turn off when inactive for 1 hour is too short time --> need 4 hours
3. Need a script which would lock screen before going to suspend to avoid showing the old session without password

Thanks for any possible help in advance!

Actique
October 13th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Anyone got any ideas how to adress these problems?