PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu installation

brownlinuxx
October 11th, 2012, 07:57 PM
pls can some one help me on ubuntu installation..i have tried wubi.also tried burning ubuntu-12.04.1-alternate-amd64 iso image into an RW DVD so i cud run it using VirtualBox-4.1.22-80657-Win and other versions of visual box ...bt all this i have tried is not working...i even tried puting wubi and the iso image on one folder as directed is not still working...i have been tring to insatll ubuntu 4 like 2 monthe and some days now...
an am using
Processor AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz,
4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

and a window 7 home premium
HDD OF 1 TERABYT... can some one help me pls...
64 bit operating system...

mittwit
October 11th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Have you successfully used VirtualBox to make other virtual machines?

Also have a read of this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1916325 for more info about installation on similar machines.

brownlinuxx
October 12th, 2012, 06:52 AM
i dnt get wt u meant by Have you successfully used VirtualBox to make other virtual machines?
an precise the link is not helpfull an i see no relation to my questions or problems.....

mittwit
October 14th, 2012, 07:09 AM
i dnt get wt u meant by Have you successfully used VirtualBox to make other virtual machines?
I asked this question because I was wondering if you have successfully used VirtualBox before or if this is the first time you have tried to use it. If you have VirtualBox working then you could try setting up a virtual machine with the normal Ubuntu installation disk. Try this http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/virtualbox

an precise the link is not helpfull an i see no relation to my questions or problems.....
The link contains information about trying to install Ubuntu on computers with the processor you mention in your original post,an AMD A6-3420M APU. If people are having trouble installing using the live cd then it follows that there may be problems using the wubi on your computer.