PDA

View Full Version : Android Worth Upgrading to Class 10 micro sd?

mamamia88
October 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM
If i don't do many file transfers on my phone is it worth upgrading from a class 4 microsd to a class 10?

TheFu
October 10th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Some devices don't support class10 SD cards.
There's also the issue of size - some can't support over 32MB of storage.

So the answer is:
* it depends.

mamamia88
October 10th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Some devices don't support class10 SD cards.
There's also the issue of size - some can't support over 32MB of storage.

So the answer is:
* it depends.

well i was thinking of getting a 32gb one. and i know it works since i've used that size in my phone before

aysiu
October 10th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I haven't seen a big difference between class 6 and class 10. I think unless you're doing a lot of large file transfers or viewing video off the SD card, the upgrade isn't worth it. I don't know between class 4 and 10, but I'd assume the same.

TheFu
October 10th, 2012, 11:30 PM
well i was thinking of getting a 32gb one. and i know it works since i've used that size in my phone before

Some devices do not support class 10 cards - can't read or write to them regardless of size. Best to check whether yours does first. That entails reading the specifications for the device model that you have.

Mikeb85
October 11th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I'd stick with class 4. If there is a difference, it's doubtful you'd see it in normal micro SD card usage on an Android phone (storing pictures, videos, songs).

drawkcab
October 11th, 2012, 07:59 PM
It seems like for most devices there is not much of a difference between class 6 and class 10. Honestly I'd just stick with class 4. Put the cash back in your wallet for something that will make a significant difference elsewhere.