PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Adobe flash player could not be installed from Software centre

drpjkurian
October 10th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Hi
Today after regular system updates I received a following message when I opened a flash required webpage in Firefox "install latest version of adobe flash plugin"

I went to the software centre. It was showing as already installed. So I reinstalled it. On reinstalling it was showing a message that plugin is not available in the archive therefore could not be installed.

i manually tried to access the archive and got 'page could not be found'

Not Found

The requested URL /pool/partner/a/adobe-flashplugin/adobe-flashplugin_11.2.202.243.orig.tar.gz was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at archive.canonical.com Port 80

My question is why is it so?
If it is an error where am i supposed to report?

well I installed the flash plugin directly from adobe website..

Please enlighten me

GeForce 9500GT
October 10th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Adobe Flash is no longer supported by Adobe. New released will not be made available for Linux. Adobe will only maintain Security updates for Linux.

Best is to install the flashplugin-installer which is also available in the repositories.

drpjkurian
October 10th, 2012, 08:17 AM
My point is flash plugin installer is NOT available in the repositories as it meant to be

vasa1
October 10th, 2012, 08:24 AM
There was some sort of problem with installing the flash plugin installer update today. Quite a few people reported but it seems to have been sorted out.

drpjkurian
October 10th, 2012, 08:37 AM
sorted out??
good heavens

vasa1
October 10th, 2012, 08:44 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2068745&highlight=flash
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2068715&highlight=flash

GeForce 9500GT
October 10th, 2012, 09:21 AM
My point is flash plugin installer is NOT available in the repositories as it meant to be

Excuse me for trying to help you....

drpjkurian
October 10th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Excuse me for trying to help you....:p:p

ljonesj
October 10th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I've been able to install flash from the software center before and adobe only stopped the development to android not Linux itself