PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with pulse equalizer

Naike
October 9th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Hey.
I need a system wide equalizer because my headphones are basslacky and so is my sound card.

Alsa recognizes my Asus Xonar Essence ST properly, and I can hear sound, no problems there. But after trying to get any kind of alsa equalizer working, I decided to try and use an equalizer for pulse audio.
There is one (or more?) around and it seems to work well, however, there's just soooo much distortion. It's like my 64ohm headphones were set to 600 or something and volume to full, but the volume isn't loud at all, even at minimal volumes, I can hear the low ends just distorting to the point where I can't even hear them at all.

Any ideas on how to overcome this problem, are there other equalizer options?
And now I don't wan't any equalizers for specific software, I want system wide.

oldos2er
October 9th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Moved to Multimedia & Video

Only system-wide eq I know of is pulseaudio-equalizer from the webupd8 PPA: https://launchpad.net/~nilarimogard/+archive/webupd8?field.series_filter=

Edit: I really shouldn't post until I have at least two cups of coffee. Sorry.

rectec794613
October 31st, 2012, 03:47 AM
I too have serious distortion/software clipping problems with pulseaudio-equalizer. Glad to see I'm not the only one. I'd very much like to be able use an equalizer to make my sound better on Ubuntu, or at least the bass. I know my headphones are very capable of more bass than this. (I've used bass boosters on my Android phone.)

Sorry I have no help to offer. I'll try to find a solution and get back to you if I do.